I open chrome, go to a website, put the MotoZ Force DROID in my Daydream View Headset. It doesn't go into vr mode, it doesn't ask me to calibrate my controller. Instead it either opens the onscreen keyboard, or opens a longpress context menu.

I've reset the phone, force closed chrome, cleared the chrome data cache, gone to Android/settings/storage and cleared the cache there, I've even disabled Chrome bringing it back to factory state, and then re-enabled Chrome forcing it to update to version 61 again.

Nothing works. Normal Daydream apps work great, including new ability to cast to Chromecast. Any one have an idea of how to get this to work?
      Last edited by jimcapraro; 10-06-2017 at 02:25 PM.
      10-05-2017 06:50 PM
      Googling around I found this is a common complaint. Perhaps it'll be fixed in 62?
      10-06-2017 01:37 PM
      thanks @pkcable. Good to to know. It's so new there's not much info available at this time. I've also posted this question in the google products forum. No reply yet but if I do receive one I'll share it here.
      pkcable likes this.
      10-06-2017 02:20 PM
      It does work, here's how

I am using the Chrome beta though it also works with the stable release.

If after following my directions below your phone doesn't go into daydream, enter "chrome://flags" and press enter. Then use the find option to find "vr" which should take you to the VR flag, and enable it and it will prompt you to relaunch...do that.

1. navigate to the web page you want to browse with Chrome while not in your Daydream View. A suggested place to start is.
      https://experiments.withgoogle.com/webvr

2. Instructions tell you to just place the phone in the daydream but I found that this doesn't work for my Z Force Droid....The NFC wont kick in Daydream when just placing it in the headset door What I do is move the back of the phone over the closed Daydream View door until the NFC kicks in and turns on Daydream.

3. place phone in the goggles. You should soon see the standard controller sync screen where you press the home button...do that

4. after a few seconds you should see the web page you navigated to, in front of you...sometimes you see just the background, just recenter because the page is probably being displayed behind you. You navigate by using the select pad like a track pad, up/down/left and right. Pressing the button selects an item.

While Chrome is very limited in what you can do, the experience is full screen (don't forget to click on the Full Screen icon in the videos) and it is quite comfortable scrolling through a web page because it appears that there is a giant screen that you're looking at.

Let me know if this works for you.
      Bill
      10-15-2017 09:17 PM
      Bill,
      So, I tried the solution you recommended and at first it didn't work. But your post stimulated my thinking. When you told me about rubbing the phone on the back of the Daydream viewer to establish the NFC connection I remembered that I have a Tumi battery/wireless charger motomod installed, and wondered if that might be blocking the NFC connection. So I remove the Tumi motomod and after some rubbing on the back of the Daydream viewer "boom" the controller calibration screen appeared.

Later I tried it once again with the Tumi motomod installed and I found that if I rubbed, and rubbed, and rubbed and rubbed, after an extended period of time the controller calibration screen actually appeared. I need to get smarter about where exactly the radio contact is located in the back of the Daydream View, and also on the Moto Z Force DROID.

Thanks so much for your help. problem solved using Android Chrome 6.1
      10-16-2017 04:15 AM
      Great, glad you got it working.
      10-16-2017 10:17 AM