Home VRHeads Q&A > Daydream View

Can you view Stereo 360 images in Daydream?

Asked: Nov 14 2016 | 7:32 am EST 4090 Views 6 Answers View Best Answer

Hi all,
I am new here.
I have just got my new Daydream View and I was wondering how to watch stereoscopic images with the headset. Basically I have put one of my rendered images on google Photos but once into the application.....I cannot see it.

Any advice?

Thanks a lot.

F

Best Answer

Nov 14 2016 | 4:23 pm EST Russell Holly

Unfortunately, Google Photos VR only recognizes photos that follow the current guidelines for 360 rendering in VR View, which means most 360 cams and things recorded with Cardboard Camera. Hopefully we get a more compete alternative soon!

Posted via the VRHeads App for Android

More Answers

Nov 16 2016 | 8:12 pm EST Chemy JMHT

OK, I'm here pretty late and not sure of this answer will work for you, you should convert the stereoscopic image to a monoscopic image in order to be able to watch it on your Daydream.

I never use it and don't have a Stereoscopic images nor Daydream to try it, but this software claims to do that job:

Stereo Video Converter - TheVReality.com

I'm pretty sure you can Google for a Stereoscopic to Monoscopic converter and some will show if this one doesn't fulfill the requirements.
Nov 17 2016 | 11:48 am EST pkcable

OK, I'm here pretty late and not sure of this answer will work for you, you should convert the stereoscopic image to a monoscopic image in order to be able to watch it on your Daydream.

I never use it and don't have a Stereoscopic images nor Daydream to try it, but this software claims to do that job:

Stereo Video Converter - TheVReality.com

I'm pretty sure you can Google for a Stereoscopic to Monoscopic converter and some will show if this one doesn't fulfill the requirements.
Doesn't that kinda defeat the purpose? Good tip though if you MUST see it.
Nov 17 2016 | 6:10 pm EST Chemy JMHT

Doesn't that kinda defeat the purpose? Good tip though if you MUST see it.
What I understand is Daydream will (again) convert it into Stereoscopic in order to watch it, but to read it needs it on monoscopic, weird, isn't it?