Hi all,
    I am new here.
    I have just got my new Daydream View and I was wondering how to watch stereoscopic images with the headset. Basically I have put one of my rendered images on google Photos but once into the application.....I cannot see it.

Any advice?

Thanks a lot.

F
    11-14-2016 08:32 AM
    Unfortunately, Google Photos VR only recognizes photos that follow the current guidelines for 360 rendering in VR View, which means most 360 cams and things recorded with Cardboard Camera. Hopefully we get a more compete alternative soon!

Posted via the VRHeads App for Android
    You may not be the only person with this problem...

https://productforums.google.com/for...le/ZkWDc40RyMw

Perhaps we need an app developer to step up and develop an app for viewing these photos?
    11-14-2016 08:46 AM
    Unfortunately, Google Photos VR only recognizes photos that follow the current guidelines for 360 rendering in VR View, which means most 360 cams and things recorded with Cardboard Camera. Hopefully we get a more compete alternative soon!

Posted via the VRHeads App for Android
    pkcable likes this.
    11-14-2016 05:23 PM
    Thanks guys. I will wait then......
    11-16-2016 05:48 AM
    OK, I'm here pretty late and not sure of this answer will work for you, you should convert the stereoscopic image to a monoscopic image in order to be able to watch it on your Daydream.

I never use it and don't have a Stereoscopic images nor Daydream to try it, but this software claims to do that job:

Stereo Video Converter - TheVReality.com

I'm pretty sure you can Google for a Stereoscopic to Monoscopic converter and some will show if this one doesn't fulfill the requirements.
    11-16-2016 09:12 PM
    OK, I'm here pretty late and not sure of this answer will work for you, you should convert the stereoscopic image to a monoscopic image in order to be able to watch it on your Daydream.

I never use it and don't have a Stereoscopic images nor Daydream to try it, but this software claims to do that job:

Stereo Video Converter - TheVReality.com

I'm pretty sure you can Google for a Stereoscopic to Monoscopic converter and some will show if this one doesn't fulfill the requirements.
    Doesn't that kinda defeat the purpose? Good tip though if you MUST see it.
    11-17-2016 12:48 PM
    Doesn't that kinda defeat the purpose? Good tip though if you MUST see it.
    What I understand is Daydream will (again) convert it into Stereoscopic in order to watch it, but to read it needs it on monoscopic, weird, isn't it?
    pkcable likes this.
    11-17-2016 07:10 PM