This is something I'm also wondering. What could Samsung do to make their Note 8 a smash hit? The Galaxy S8 already seems to be fantastic and its hard to think of "where to next". I have a sneaky suspicion that Samsung has something up their sleeve for the Note 8.

Not sure what. Maybe the camera has a thermal sensor on the back? Maybe a 2x optical zoom camera like on the iPhone 7 Plus? Maybe touch sensitive volume keys on the side?
    I agree with you! If they launch the Note line again probably it'll be something that will smash the competition! Thermal sensors and still expensive, but the 2x zoom is something they could add... or new software involving the S pen (we should get S8's just for the torrent of ideas to improve their flagships!!! Hahaha)
    04-08-2017 07:29 PM
    Id say the note 8 wont be for a while. The S8 needs to get customers trust back than release it.
    I wonder if they will go bigger on the screens?
    I think not many people would like a bigger screen. .. I mean, let's suppose that it has a 6.5" screen...it's a huge phone! ! And if it wasn't for a real productivity use (not many people do all their work on a phone) I wouldn't like to have that huge piece of glass almost not fitting my pockets!
    chica_dlxii likes this.
    04-09-2017 05:24 PM
    Maybe 6.5 is the size they'd go for?
    I think the next Note will have a real heavy focus on Dex and maybe the keyboard cover (that not alot of people are mentioning was shown for the S8)

Of course Bixby for work is another selling point and maybe the S Pen will get some haptic feedback update with a true pressure sensitive screen
    04-09-2017 05:33 PM
    Being afraid about the battery issue, still participating in the contest.
    04-10-2017 05:07 AM
    Being afraid about the battery issue, still participating in the contest.
    I seriously doubt there'd be another battery issue. They've put in alot of measures to prevent it ever happening again
    04-10-2017 06:46 AM
    S8 eu quero ganhar
    04-10-2017 08:50 AM
    The S8 for sure!
    04-10-2017 09:25 AM
    I seriously doubt there'd be another battery issue. They've put in alot of measures to prevent it ever happening again
    I don't think there will be another episode of that type. ..they wouldn't stand another fail. .and I theven huge amount of leaks was because of many phones around being tested preventing another battery episode
    Blakey_nz likes this.
    04-10-2017 10:10 PM
    i think that's why samsung spend more money on the advertising
    04-11-2017 12:46 AM
    i think that's why samsung spend more money on the advertising
    They spend more as they have made the galaxy branding a household name and need to keep it going.
    I guarantee that they get their return on it though unlike some.
    04-11-2017 06:15 AM
    Also, most of the reviewers say all Samsung phones even their flagship need a reset after 6 months as they slow down considerably. What do you all think?
    04-11-2017 12:55 PM
    Got a S6 edge which Ive had for a year and a half now. Im only just starting to think about a reset.
    Maybe thats just me though
    04-11-2017 02:28 PM
    I've been wanting to try VR, but I'm also excited at the idea of the S8! Really keeping an eye on this one!
    04-11-2017 05:04 PM
    Also, most of the reviewers say all Samsung phones even their flagship need a reset after 6 months as they slow down considerably. What do you all think?
    That depends on the use you give it..I guess. ..if you're a gamer probably you have installed a couple gigs of battery-memory consuming games. ..and that will slow down your phone whether it's a S8 or a pixel. ..probably 6 GB of ram would solve that!!!
    04-11-2017 08:27 PM
    i would go for xiaomi redmi note 4 it just screws.. same configuration and great battery plus ir blaster
    04-12-2017 02:18 AM
    Another fantastic contest. A huge thank you to everyone on the VR Heads staff for the opportunity to win such a great prize!
    04-12-2017 04:06 AM
    Maybe 6.5 is the size they'd go for?
    I think the next Note will have a real heavy focus on Dex and maybe the keyboard cover (that not alot of people are mentioning was shown for the S8)

Of course Bixby for work is another selling point and maybe the S Pen will get some haptic feedback update with a true pressure sensitive screen
    I heard a rumour today about it having a screen size of 6.32" inches. That seems a little too specific for it not to be true. Additionally, it will be a little wider than the Galaxy S8+ so should be the same height or possibly even a little shorter. As others have said, i think the Focus will also be around DeX and having one device for everything. The 835 is one capable processor
    04-12-2017 06:06 AM
    I heard a rumour today about it having a screen size of 6.32" inches. That seems a little too specific for it not to be true. Additionally, it will be a little wider than the Galaxy S8+ so should be the same height or possibly even a little shorter. As others have said, i think the Focus will also be around DeX and having one device for everything. The 835 is one capable processor
    Yeah that is very specific. Will have to come back and congratulate you if it comes out to be true lol.

After holding a dummy phone for a S8 today I want one badly! Its not the bigger screen or the form factor thats really getting me its the SD card slot and the apparent efficiency for VR i asked the guy who showed me the dummy (he works for a telco here in NZ) how it was in VR as we talk about it quite abit and he said the office one only went mildly warm when he tried it using Rooms and Minecraft.
    04-12-2017 06:22 AM
    Hoping to win this to replace my old lg phone. i envy people with fast procs and good cameras
    04-12-2017 06:24 AM
    Well there would be poor battery backups on the S8 duos bcoz of smaller battery and having qhd+ screens the default resolution is 1080p, that explains it all.
    04-12-2017 01:34 PM
    I don't think it would have a shorter screen. ..because it would kill the S pen... so there would be no reason to have a phone dedicated to productivity if you can simply add the S pen to the S8/S8+ and take advantage of the almost bezel-less screen
    04-12-2017 11:40 PM
    I wonder why Samsung's mid ranger c9 pro has 6gb ram and just 4gb for their flagships, that's just foolish, and makes me either consider the one plus 3t or wait for one plus 4.
    04-13-2017 04:45 AM
    I wonder why Samsung's mid ranger c9 pro has 6gb ram and just 4gb for their flagships, that's just foolish, and makes me either consider the one plus 3t or wait for one plus 4.
    This is not unusual for companies to do this. If you look at the Blackberry Aurora it comes with 4GB RAM but Blackberry's latest flagship (KEYone) which launching in the next couple days / weeks. Its only got 3GB RAM..

I agree it does seems silly for the OEM not to put the highest amount of everything into their flagship and slowly water down for the rest. But they must have a reason for doing it. Since its not just Sammy.
    04-13-2017 05:43 AM
    There is a version with 6gb Ram and 256gb memory that makes it even worse.

I suppose its just to make the other phone more appealing, also flagships need something to improve on year on year
    04-13-2017 06:34 AM
    This is not unusual for companies to do this. If you look at the Blackberry Aurora it comes with 4GB RAM but Blackberry's latest flagship (KEYone) which launching in the next couple days / weeks. Its only got 3GB RAM..

I agree it does seems silly for the OEM not to put the highest amount of everything into their flagship and slowly water down for the rest. But they must have a reason for doing it. Since its not just Sammy.
    Sometimes it's hard to understand those decisions. ..obviously it makes no sense. ..but probably the C9 doesn't have the same chipset than the S series...and might need that amount of ram to give a good performance
    04-13-2017 09:46 PM
80 1234