As the title says, I just tested livestreaming on Facebook from within the Gear VR interface. I tried Wands since it's an interesting game to watch, imo, and I've played it before. The stream lasted for about 3 minutes and then stopped, even though I got no indication it had stopped. I'd gone to the practice area to refamiliarize myself with the controls (had to reinstall the game thanks to getting a new phone and not reinstalling it right away) and it stopped streaming while still in the basement.

Since this was my very first time attempting this, I don't know if that's normal or if I somehow did something wrong. Anyone have any advice?

If I can figure out how to keep the stream going, I might try to make a more regular streaming effort. Not sure how I'd monetize a FB livestream, but I'm sure there are ways, if I get enough viewership to warrant attempting that.
    03-09-2017 10:12 PM
    That does seem a little unusual. I'll run some tests this weekend and see if I can find any common thread in network strength or games that maybe stress the phone into dropping the stream.
    Firegold21 likes this.
    03-10-2017 09:12 AM
    Thanks. I'm going to try again this weekend with Wands and maybe another app as well and see if it's only Wands or any app.
    03-10-2017 11:37 AM
    I'll try it later at work today, as well.
    03-10-2017 01:17 PM
    JUST KIDDING I forgot the US doesn't get the live streaming feature for a couple of weeks.
    03-10-2017 02:19 PM
    JUST KIDDING I forgot the US doesn't get the live streaming feature for a couple of weeks.
    I'm in Michigan. I was surprised to see it as an option, which is why I had to try it right away.
    03-10-2017 05:20 PM
    Just did a couple more tests. Was going to use Smashing the Battle, but it's evidently not allowing streaming, so used Wands again. It worked for much longer this time, but had a weird crash on the first stream and the only way to exit the game was to remove the phone from the HMD. It froze, but was still broadcasting. Odd.

Anyway, here is the first stream and here is the second stream.
    03-10-2017 06:47 PM
    Had to wipe my Note 5 (again), so it will probably be later for me to test.
    03-11-2017 03:53 AM
    Had to wipe my Note 5 (again), so it will probably be later for me to test.
    Let me know how it goes. It's pretty easy to enable; all I had to do was hold the back button till that menu popped up and the button was right under my profile. Everything else was self-explanatory.
    03-11-2017 07:30 AM