After Sony's recent PlayStation event, it seems that the company's upcoming hardware currently has mixed reception. But as potential PSVR owners, does the new PS4 Pro provide a significant boost for you to consider the console? Or are you looking to stick with the standard PS4 hardware?
    09-09-2016 07:22 PM
    After Sony's recent PlayStation event, it seems that the company's upcoming hardware currently has mixed reception. But as potential PSVR owners, does the new PS4 Pro provide a significant boost for you to consider the console? Or are you looking to stick with the standard PS4 hardware?
    From a developer side, the PSVR stuff is interesting. We've chosen to exclude the hardware / VR combination for now and keep focusing on Vive and OSVR. But they are definitely playing it safe with their VR titles. It will be interesting to see if they are bringing enough titles to give PSVR the teeth it really needs. Done right, they could corner the market.
    09-09-2016 09:56 PM
    I will be sticking with standard PS4. Granted sales might have halted since the news of the PS4 Pro, I remember seeing many articles about the PS4 selling lots of units. Because of this, I believe we will see VR tiles tailored to PS4 specs for a while. That is, until developers have no choice but to develop "PS4 Pro only games" in order to acheive the VR experience they envision for their game.
    09-10-2016 12:25 AM
    I'm not sure, I think that since I don't own a PS4 y et, and might as well just dive right in and get the Pro, by logic I would think the Pro would be more VR ready and pack more of a punch, I guess that remains to be seen till we see some solid consumer reviews on it.
    09-11-2016 02:56 AM
    always been an xbox fan (halo) been looking at the ps of late...
    09-11-2016 03:58 AM
    Personally If I owned a PS4 I would be rather annoyed at the existence of the Pro. I'm all for the progression of tech but not when it's like being drip fed.
    It may be a good proposition for those without a PS4 interested in the PSVR I guess.

In general the chasing of graphical and resolution improvements at the sacrifice of FPS is a big turn off for me in the console space. This is one thing Nintendo deserve my appraisal for avoiding.
    Having said that I will always be curious of consoles whenever they are released but I will never ever be an early adopter again.
    Matt Brown likes this.
    09-11-2016 06:31 AM
    From an aesthetics side as well as a portability, i would choose the PS4 Slim over the standard version. I had the original PS2 version and when my friends got the 'Slim' version i was so jealous because it looked so much better lol

With regards to VR, i would probably opt for the PRO version just simply because it want to keep it as long as possible and you can never have too much power. Unless you driving the new Bugatti Chiron. Thats too much ^_^
    09-11-2016 09:27 AM
    I'll be sticking with my standard PS4. I really don't think a PS4 Pro is worth the money. Consoles used to be an affordable alternative for gamers, but they're slowly turning into a cash-grab.

Also, here's to hoping a new console war doesn't start between Sony and...Sony.
    VirtuaTyKing and Matt Brown like this.
    09-11-2016 06:08 PM
    I'm going to grab a PlayStation 4 Pro, but mostly because I want the best possible PSVR experience. The $100 difference is fairly trivial in the end, so I'm jumping all the way in!
    iThunderbirt and Matt Brown like this.
    09-15-2016 01:31 PM
    Also, here's to hoping a new console war doesn't start between Sony and...Sony.
    Begun, the Sony Clone Wars has.

Same. If the PSVR meets Sony's expectations hopefully the PlayStation 5 will be suited to handle VR games at the start.

I really hope they don't do two consoles in the future because everyone would simply wait for a Pro version. I mean the iPhone 7 is out and, though people will go out to get one, an iPhone 7s is coming soon. That is if you want the latest and greatest and if Apple is still doing regular/S version releases

Posted via the VRHeads App for Android
    09-16-2016 01:18 PM
    The games are designed to work on the original PS4 first. While there may be some small graphical and frame rate boosts for VR, I don't think it warrants an entire upgrade. I have a 4K TV and honestly the games already look fantastic. A lot of people say you tend to forget about the small graphical problems once you're in the VR games because you're so immersed.

If I were new to PS4, I would get the Pro however.. Because.. why not have the best if you're just getting started.
    09-28-2016 08:25 PM
    I don't think I'll upgrade my current PS4 for a Pro until/unless it stops working.
    Derek Daisey likes this.
    09-29-2016 10:48 AM
    Sticking with the ps4 as long as it can do 60fps.
    10-13-2016 11:53 PM
    The psvr is actually quite expensive, 400$ without the ps camera and the ps move. I dont think it's worth it, buying the ps4 pro just to get "better graphics" yet unless Sony is going to take back the ps4 "classic".
    10-14-2016 02:41 AM
    I'll be sticking to the my standard PS4...the pro seems unnecessary to me seeing as I'm not in the market for a 4K TV...yet. Also the fact that it is upres not native is kinda a bummer. Next gen hardware should have 4K native so I'll just wait for that. I know that Pro will give VR a bit of a boost but I don't think it's enough to justify the Pro's purchase.
    iThunderbirt likes this.
    10-23-2016 02:28 PM
    I don't know how the pro will compete with the Xbox Scorpio being its supposed to be much more powerful. I'm not buying anything until I see what happens.
    10-30-2016 05:45 PM
    I'll be sticking to the my standard PS4...the pro seems unnecessary to me seeing as I'm not in the market for a 4K TV...yet. Also the fact that it is upres not native is kinda a bummer. Next gen hardware should have 4K native so I'll just wait for that. I know that Pro will give VR a bit of a boost but I don't think it's enough to justify the Pro's purchase.
    Yeah the Pro kinda seems like a bridge product to me. I just don't see it being worth the expense until there is one doing native 4K but I also don't have a 4K TV anyway and won't be upgrading anytime soon probably so for me it's not worth it.
    10-30-2016 08:46 PM