Hello guys, well, i'm really considering to buy a PsVr, but i'm also concerned with my eyesight problem, i have astigmatism, so, is there a problem to use vr in my case? Can o get headache or nausea playing it? Thanks.
    10-25-2016 10:43 PM
    Hello guys, well, i'm really considering to buy a PsVr, but i'm also concerned with my eyesight problem, i have astigmatism, so, is there a problem to use vr in my case? Can o get headache or nausea playing it? Thanks.
    Hi, welcome to the Forum!

There is no problem, but remember to wear your eyeglasses or contact lenses while using th VR HMD (Virtual Reality Head-Mounted-Display), and if you are using contact lenses you should try to blink more often in order to avoid dry eyes.

About getting headache or nausea playing it, well, it's not related totally to your eyes condition, depends of several things, it's very common to get nausea in some particular kind of activities in VR, but as a suggestion I recommend you to read this article:

How to deal with nausea when playing PlayStation VR | VRHeads (it's valid even if you are using another brand of VR HMD, like the HTC ViVE, Oculus Rift, Gear VR)

I hope I helped you with this info.
    Last edited by Chemy JMHT; 10-27-2016 at 07:35 PM.
    krisguy likes this.
    10-26-2016 12:44 AM
    Helped me a lot, thank you for the informations!! I'm a contact lens user, so i'll try to Blink often when using the vr, and make sure to dont play for more than a 1 hour without resting, again, thank you!
    krisguy and Chemy JMHT like this.
    10-26-2016 08:51 AM
    On that note, only some VR headsets allow you to wear glasses. And some others allow for the eyes to be adjusted independently. So just check first before buying
    Chemy JMHT likes this.
    10-26-2016 12:00 PM
    New to the forum. Thanks for the info here. This was definitely a concern for me before buying
    10-26-2016 06:51 PM
    Most headsets are being designed for use with glasses. I enjoy not having to make special adjustments to my face.
    10-27-2016 07:33 PM
    Actually i have never used VR before, but, on the place next t my university they opened a place t test the Oculus Rift, i'll try using it for the First time tomorrow, really looking foward!!
    ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€
    10-27-2016 09:01 PM
    Actually i have never used VR before, but, on the place next t my university they opened a place t test the Oculus Rift, i'll try using it for the First time tomorrow, really looking foward!!
    It's a great device, my brother, my uncle a one cousin use regular eyeglasses, they suffer from different eye problems and they usually see everything sharper than me, so you may find it simply amazing.
    10-27-2016 09:47 PM
    I wear glasses also. I've tried the Oculus and it fit over my glasses just fine. I've heard from multiple people...that PSVR also fits well over your glasses. I don't know much about the Vive.
    10-28-2016 10:19 AM
    So guys, ist Just amazing, i played Project Cars, and wow, i'm Just amazed by it, and also using a f1 cockpit, great experiente. About the eyes, felt a little discomfort after some time, nothing seriously. Now i'm gonna wait for the official release of the PsVr in my country (Brazil) to experiente it again. Hope it doesnt take too long ๐Ÿ˜•
    10-28-2016 06:36 PM
    Good info. Thanks for the post!
    10-31-2016 03:06 AM
    Can't speak of the PSVR itself, but I have astigmatism and wear corrective glasses, and I've had no issues using the Oculus Rift. You should be fine.
    10-31-2016 09:42 PM
    Can't speak of the PSVR itself, but I have astigmatism and wear corrective glasses, and I've had no issues using the Oculus Rift. You should be fine.
    Nice to hear (read) that!! ๐Ÿ˜€
    11-01-2016 03:46 PM