I am really wanting to order one "since I don't have much hope in winning it lol" but that nagging logic part of my brain keeps telling me to wait till next year and that I will probably get much more at a cheaper price. I know that's how electronics always are but I will be using this primarily for gaming and at this point triple A titles just are not there anyways. But then there is a part of my brain that says "SHUT UP AND BUY IT"!!
    So anyone have input? All advice will be considered.
    07-17-2016 08:13 PM
    A lot of people have, and my nephew did too.
    07-18-2016 02:09 AM
    IMO, there is a bit of a risk.

So, from a developer perspective, Oculus Rift sold about 65,000 CV1's. But all of those were without touch controllers. So, they need to convince the existing users to put down the Xbox One remotes and buy the Touch remotes - and they also need to convince developers to write code both for gamepads and for the touch remotes. That is the harder part, because as a developer - when you get SUPER busy close to launch - and something needs to be cut from your project ... you are going to cut support for Touch remotes before you cut support for Gamepads. Just because, every Touch user has a gamepad. But every gamepad user may not have a touch.

It'll be interesting what happens, and I've been asking a few other game companies what their plans are for the touch... to be honest, their responses are lukewarm...

Lloyd Summers | Cofounder of RedIronLabs.com | Immersive Dark Video games (VR/Horror) | @kerm_ed
    07-18-2016 07:45 PM
    But what about developers that are planning games for the Vive and the Rift? The 2 controllers are close enough that the games should work for both. I don't think Oculus was ready for prime time but the Vive forced them to release prematurely. Chances are I will wait a year, I could buy a pc to power a headset but 99% of my gaming is done on Xbox "huge Halo fan" so I will probably wait and see what if anything they bring to the table. As you can maybe tell from my other posts I foresee an Xbox/Oculus joint venture..
    07-18-2016 08:57 PM