Is it worth to buy Google Daydream, and should I buy Pixel or Pixel XL?
    10-29-2016 12:33 AM
    I think it is worth to buy...Also if you live in USA they give you Daydream for free if you buy a Pixel!(Not sure that is still valid this promo)
    About the pixel themselves, they are really worth if you like stock android and want a great camera!You've just to choose which size is the best for you
    10-29-2016 05:54 AM
    to be honest, if you are buying a pixel regardless, i say why not at that price (for the vr). It's not that expensive, even if it is just a casual toy
    10-29-2016 09:27 AM
    It's hard to say until someone gets their hands on it.
    10-29-2016 10:38 AM
    The fact that you're on a mobile VR forum suggests to me that it would be worthwhile to you, but ultimately it comes down to whether you value VR or not - if you do I doubt you'll be disappointed by the experience,
    krisguy likes this.
    10-30-2016 03:34 AM
    I'm curious as to how sharp and clear the resolution is compared to Gear VR. My biggest complaint about the Gear is how easy it is to get blurry images if you don't have everything set just right.
    10-30-2016 07:07 AM
    bottom line... try before you buy :/ (if possible haha)
    10-30-2016 08:42 AM
    I'm curious as to how sharp and clear the resolution is compared to Gear VR. My biggest complaint about the Gear is how easy it is to get blurry images if you don't have everything set just right.
    I would guess that you would have to make adjustments so that things are clear on daydream too
    10-30-2016 10:12 AM
    It is Definitely worth buying.You get more than you ask for with Google Pixel or Pixel XL.Also DayDream VR is surely worth buying
    10-30-2016 10:29 AM
    Is it worth to buy Google Daydream, and should I buy Pixel or Pixel XL?
    The Pixel, is a great device. Sure it has its issue like the 'Lens Flare', but that can be fixed with software. Its really solidly built and i think its worth the cash.

With regards to Daydream, if you like having the latest and greatest, i would go say for it and give it a try. If you looking to keep something long term i would wait a year till the 'DayDream 2' comes out. The first version of a product always has its downsides and in the second iteration everything that was wrong gets fixed.
    krisguy likes this.
    10-30-2016 12:26 PM
    I have the same question
    10-30-2016 03:20 PM
    If you get a Gear VR or Daydream headset for free, there is NO reason not to take it. If you have to pay for one, it is up to your personal financial situation. I do not regret paying 99 bucks for my white Gear VR, even though the black one is so much better (lighter and wider FOV). I'm sure I would not regret 79 bucks for Daydream for Netflix and YT alone. 360 photos are also very relaxing, and work well for meditation purposes.

Plenty of reasons to get one!
    10-30-2016 10:25 PM
    Definately its worth to buy its just 80 dollars and plus you get added benefits too.
    10-31-2016 04:13 AM
    Is there anything the Daydream VR does better than whats currently on the market?
    11-01-2016 12:05 AM
    I am curious how different the experience is with the Pixel vs the XL. I prefer smaller phones, and the Pixel is the first smaller phone in a long while with premium specs (and the added bonus of being the new Nexus type device). I wouldn't buy the larger version specifically for VR as that would at best be something I would only use occasionally, but I do want to know if the smaller phone still provides a good VR experience before I bought the Daydream. All this assumes I can figure out how to afford the Pixel in the first place, but a guy can Daydream, right? Hehe
    11-01-2016 07:07 AM
    There's not so much difference in term of size between the 5'' and the XL,but with the last one you'll get a larger screen,QHD and bigger battery,which are a plus if combined with daydream!
    Thats why I'll choose the XL over the smaller one!
    11-01-2016 01:03 PM
    VRZ has a dummy unit for DayDream unit... I am not impressed with Gear units. I hope for something better .
    11-02-2016 08:02 AM
    VRZ has a dummy unit for DayDream unit... I am not impressed with Gear units. I hope for something better .
    What's vrz?
    11-02-2016 10:40 AM
    Well i'm getting mine free from pre-ordering the Pixel. If I had to buy it, I think I would need to try it out. Cardboard, while neat, the novelty wears off quickly. Hoping that the Daydream will offer a more interactive experience.

Btw, does anyone know if any place will have the Daydream on demo? I've read those that get the Daydream for pre-order might not see theirs until the end of the year.
    11-02-2016 06:43 PM
    If you get a Pixel I'd say definitely get a View. VR is amazing!
    11-02-2016 08:24 PM
    I am curious how different the experience is with the Pixel vs the XL. I prefer smaller phones, and the Pixel is the first smaller phone in a long while with premium specs (and the added bonus of being the new Nexus type device). I wouldn't buy the larger version specifically for VR as that would at best be something I would only use occasionally, but I do want to know if the smaller phone still provides a good VR experience before I bought the Daydream. All this assumes I can figure out how to afford the Pixel in the first place, but a guy can Daydream, right? Hehe
    The PlayStation pro and VR headset combined.... including everything you need for high end VR, is the same price as the pixel and daydream headset. If you already owned a pixel it would be different, but buying one just for VR is financial suicide vs what else you can get for the same money.
    This is a VR site... the best virtual reality bang for your buck is most DEFINITELY not a pixel and daydream headset. And as a phone the pixel is greatly overpriced.
    Bad move all around if you want to step into VR 😱
    11-29-2016 08:39 AM
    The PlayStation pro and VR headset combined.... including everything you need for high end VR, is the same price as the pixel and daydream headset. If you already owned a pixel it would be different, but buying one just for VR is financial suicide vs what else you can get for the same money.
    This is a VR site... the best virtual reality bang for your buck is most DEFINITELY not a pixel and daydream headset. And as a phone the pixel is greatly overpriced.
    Bad move all around if you want to step into VR 😱
    You have a good point, the only downside of it is the lack of real portability, but maybe that's not the while point if you are after VR and no more.

I know some countries also has promotions to get the Pixel for a reduced price is you attach it to a monthly data plan

But my case, if I could I will buy it both
    J Dubbs likes this.
    11-29-2016 02:42 PM