Does anyone have any gaming experience with it ? And have poeple tried watching a netflix series with the daydream (or with a gear vr) would love to know more about that
    krisguy likes this.
    10-30-2016 05:03 PM
    Firstly, welcome to VR Heads! Thank you so much for signing up!

Netflix and Hulu are the main reason I first bought my Gear VR. Netflix's experience takes place in a Rocky Mountain cabin; Hulu's in a LA(?) high-rise apartment. Both have full screen experiences, and once you start watching with headphones, you will lose yourself in it.

As far as games go, Gear VR kills it because of the Oculus API. Many of the experiences in the Rift store have been ported to Gear VR. What would be AAA titles for Gear VR include Minecraft Pocket Edition, EVE: Gunjack, and the Herobound series. Most titles are going to be very indie, but very cool. It's gotten to the point that even I can make a VR title with the new Unity and Unreal Engine licensing and new developer tools.

My recommendation is to check out the Gear VR store on the web: https://www.oculus.com/experiences/gear-vr/. Once you see what you like, then look on YouTube, as most of these games have a Rift counterpart that people have been demoing/Let's Play-ing for months.
    10-30-2016 10:44 PM
    Firstly, welcome to VR Heads! Thank you so much for signing up!

Netflix and Hulu are the main reason I first bought my Gear VR. Netflix's experience takes place in a Rocky Mountain cabin; Hulu's in a LA(?) high-rise apartment. Both have full screen experiences, and once you start watching with headphones, you will lose yourself in it.

As far as games go, Gear VR kills it because of the Oculus API. Many of the experiences in the Rift store have been ported to Gear VR. What would be AAA titles for Gear VR include Minecraft Pocket Edition, EVE: Gunjack, and the Herobound series. Most titles are going to be very indie, but very cool. It's gotten to the point that even I can make a VR title with the new Unity and Unreal Engine licensing and new developer tools.

My recommendation is to check out the Gear VR store on the web: https://www.oculus.com/experiences/gear-vr/. Once you see what you like, then look on YouTube, as most of these games have a Rift counterpart that people have been demoing/Let's Play-ing for months.
    i didn't know netflix and huly had vr content. will it work with Daydream you think? or now with cardboard?
    10-31-2016 07:48 AM
    Hulu has some VR, Netflix does not. Google did announce that both will have Daydream apps.
    10-31-2016 08:04 AM
    I love when companies have something already vs "coming soon"
    10-31-2016 08:56 AM
    I'm super excited for this... with all the long bus rides I take, I've been dreaming about being able to throw on a VR headset and have the full freedom to watch a show or movie along the way, without having to awkwardly balance my laptop and have people watching over my shoulders. Of course, I would look pretty dumb with the headset on, so this would all be preceded by a preemptive apology to my neighbor
    10-31-2016 12:19 PM
    I'm super excited for this... with all the long bus rides I take, I've been dreaming about being able to throw on a VR headset and have the full freedom to watch a show or movie along the way, without having to awkwardly balance my laptop and have people watching over my shoulders. Of course, I would look pretty dumb with the headset on, so this would all be preceded by a preemptive apology to my neighbor
    And we thought texting Millennials were a pain...... just wait.

Actually, I'm looking forward to this. Been waiting on this since the 80s when the promise of 3D seemed just around the corner, Nintendo's virtual boy had promise, and the Star Trek Holodeck.
    Make is SO! Make it SO!
    mrcrusha829 likes this.
    10-31-2016 02:00 PM
    And we thought texting Millennials were a pain...... just wait.

Actually, I'm looking forward to this. Been waiting on this since the 80s when the promise of 3D seemed just around the corner, Nintendo's virtual boy had promise, and the Star Trek Holodeck.
    Make is SO! Make it SO!
    I have my Vive home experience set up as a rendering of a TNG Holodeck.
    10-31-2016 03:20 PM
    Just make sure your belongings are secure. A VR population would be a pickpocket's dream.
    10-31-2016 09:54 PM
    aww that's awesome, jealous!
    11-01-2016 07:42 AM
    That's awesome! Is that a built in option or did you have to download as third party app for that?
    11-01-2016 07:47 AM
    Just make sure your belongings are secure. A VR population would be a pickpocket's dream.
    I was thinking this exact thing. I even feel uncomfortable sometimes when I'm home with the kids.... hoping that nothing happens to them while I'm enjoying a movie. You have to use headphones with these as you really lose the experience without them.
    11-01-2016 07:50 PM
    That's pretty awesome, but all of these have screen door effects, no? I'd think that would really kill the theater experience.
    11-02-2016 12:12 AM
    That's pretty awesome, but all of these have screen door effects, no? I'd think that would really kill the theater experience.
    The screen door pretty much disappears once you get involved. You tend to look past it.
    11-02-2016 02:09 AM
    I was thinking this exact thing. I even feel uncomfortable sometimes when I'm home with the kids.... hoping that nothing happens to them while I'm enjoying a movie. You have to use headphones with these as you really lose the experience without them.
    Definitely have to use headphones. I take my HMD off once in awhile when I'm playing horror games so that I can make sure I still belong to a physical realm.
    11-02-2016 08:30 PM