Just wondering if anyone that's had a chance to use the new Daydream headset knows if it allows decent airflow inside? I've noticed that the biggest problem with VR for myself is that my face gets sweaty really quickly with the headsets on and with this one being made out of cloth like material I am curious. Thanks!
    10-14-2016 10:01 AM
    10-14-2016 04:47 PM
    Just wondering if anyone that's had a chance to use the new Daydream headset knows if it allows decent airflow inside? I've noticed that the biggest problem with VR for myself is that my face gets sweaty really quickly with the headsets on and with this one being made out of cloth like material I am curious. Thanks!
    I suspect, you'll have the same challenge with Daydream.

It'll be more akin to GearVR and VR Box. It is fabric based, so it will have a bit more airflow in theory, but because of its rigidity and thickness, I can't see it allowing any more airflow over a standard HMD.

Traditional stand-alone HMD's (Vive/OSVR/Oculus) have the guts in a compartment on the other side of the lenses, typically with the warm portions as far away from your face as possible (Google Cardboard, for example, just separates it from your face by a bit of cardboard, and most phones run hot on the glass-side). But they can still get quite warm especially after many hours of use. I don't usually get sweaty from ours, but I can see how a person could in a more hands on game such as Fantastic Contraption.
    pkcable likes this.
    10-15-2016 10:30 PM
    yeah I agree, if you use it for very long I'm sure the phone itself will cause enough heat to cause it to get a little warm. Maybe they should have made it a little perforated? Guess we'll find out.
    10-23-2016 11:23 PM
    It also doesn't seal perfectly around your face (that's why the AC reviews said you should avoid the white-faced Pixel phones for VR), which should also allow for a bit of air flow. But sooner or later it'll surely get warm.
    10-28-2016 12:42 AM
    You'll probably still get sweaty with extended use but at least the material isn't hard plastic like most of the other headsets. As for the phone warming up, its open around the sides so there should be decent ventilation.
    10-30-2016 10:18 AM