Seriously, why would anyone want an augmented reality glasses that obstruct our views, when we have smartphones that can display the information we need at proper time and place?
    11-07-2016 05:31 AM
    I think Google project glass was on the right track. I agree something like the Hololens that blocks and obstructs the view would be difficult to use while mobile, BUT something like project glass, that just pops up as needed and at the periphery of our view might work. Google was ALMOST there before they pulled out of the project. The cost was prohibitive too.
    11-07-2016 07:16 AM
    Seriously, why would anyone want an augmented reality glasses that obstruct our views, when we have smartphones that can display the information we need at proper time and place?
    Not all obstructs you sight, in fact I think most only takes your peripheral vision, there are a lot of thread now (I know this is an old thread) where you can find a lot of uses and styles, here are some for you to check:

http://forums.vrheads.com/augmented-...-glasses-9237/

http://forums.vrheads.com/augmented-...ype-text-9222/

http://forums.vrheads.com/augmented-...ay-epson-9289/

http://forums.vrheads.com/augmented-...mal-look-9035/ <-- this one looks like a regular eye-wear glasses

I really want to try a lot of AR devices in order to see how far or close are we to be like Iron Man
    12-02-2016 05:55 PM
    I already wear glasses; I think it would be neat to have glasses that can overlay information on them. I think Google Glass was a brief glimpse into what the masses could do with such a technology but it was limited and looked goofy to most people. But it gave direction and showed usefulness to the masses.
    12-11-2016 07:36 AM
    I already wear glasses; I think it would be neat to have glasses that can overlay information on them. I think Google Glass was a brief glimpse into what the masses could do with such a technology but it was limited and looked goofy to most people. But it gave direction and showed usefulness to the masses.
    I think you might like this new:

http://forums.vrheads.com/augmented-...editions-9637/

Moverio are the AR glasses from Epson, not sure if you can use prescription glasses with it, but looks more regular than most AR glasses.
    01-11-2017 08:44 PM
    Yeah I just saw that. Still looks like its in black and white still but its on the right path!
    01-11-2017 09:06 PM
    Yes, maybe if some companies gather to do one great device instead of each company doing one nice thing with their devices.
    PRGDR likes this.
    01-11-2017 10:43 PM
    No one else have mentioned them - it seems like they're not featured on the website at all - so I'll be the first:
    https://www.laforgeoptical.com/

These guys are offering a fairly simple, everyday semi-AR experience into a pair of reasonably discrete glasses. I've signed up for the deal myself - fingers crossed it'll actually turn into something! I should be getting my alpha pair sometime around june...
    04-02-2017 04:39 AM
    I think the concept is a little immature that this point. But, much like VR, hopefully they will continue to invest in the technology. It could be great one day!
    04-07-2017 09:36 PM
    I would guess that good info-overlay tech will be available within 5 years. (probably less). But, it will be distracting until one becomes used to having the extra info in view. Too much info, will probably cause accidents.... IMHO...
    04-08-2017 07:16 AM
    I for one would like to have the unlimited Monitor Screen option. That feature alone makes Augmented reality glasses worth it for me.
    04-08-2017 07:26 PM
    Depending on the implementation of course, I doubt it will be more risky than people walking around with their eyes fixed on their palms... Have a look at the Laforge spectacles I've linked to further up; their concept is to only have info displayed out to the sides, so nothing obscures the view ahead.
    04-09-2017 12:47 AM
    checkout the microsoft holo lens
    04-11-2017 02:45 AM
    I work in a supermarket and can think of a tonne of uses.
    -being able to have stock levels pop up on demand by looking at the barcode
    -being able to see costs just by looking at the barcode.
    -sales history
    The list can go on really. As long as it can start being more practical than gimmicks what can be achieved is immense. Imagine a doctor being able to view your medical notes or waiters having visual queues as to who ordered what
    04-11-2017 05:05 AM
    Yes, maybe if some companies gather to do one great device instead of each company doing one nice thing with their devices.
    Absolutely. And that applies to most (technological or not) products.
    Chemy JMHT likes this.
    04-11-2017 06:21 AM
    It's the only way to make the amazing technology work. It's only the first version.... I'm sure as the technology is perfected the visor will be made smaller and smaller.
    04-11-2017 09:29 AM
    Is Google Glass considered a AR headset?
    07-19-2017 02:58 PM
    i want an AR glasses or headset to improve my life. say that i want to repair a car and i dont know how. i hope that the AR technology will help me to repair the car in my own.
    07-19-2017 06:20 PM
    I run a makerspace and I'm constantly looking for items, looking up information on said items... Something that could make that easier and hands-free would be a god-send.
    derekbrewsbrew likes this.
    07-26-2017 06:19 PM
    Is Google Glass considered a AR headset?
    I would consider Google Glass an AR headset if not for sure the first unit to help make us aware of what AR is and what its potential in the future.

However, if I am not mistaken, it has a fix display screen unlike say Microsoft HoloLens where information can be organized in different locations or popup as you look around, etc.
    07-26-2017 08:02 PM
    If not AR glasses, maybe AR implants like in the Black Mirror episode Men Against Fire? The shows an interesting take on what AR might look like if applied in military application.

I would probably not use it in this way but it gives an idea of what AR implants would look like. Definitively would stick with AR in glasses form but maybe AR implants might be useful for other purpose than fighting.
    07-26-2017 08:21 PM
    I don't like Google Glass the product, but the concept - hands free everyday assist - is what I want.
    07-28-2017 02:19 PM
    Im not ready for AR glasses not even VR
    08-09-2017 11:51 PM
    why i would ar glasses is to maybe model some furniture or just get an idea on how I can use the space around me
    08-16-2017 09:35 PM