Microsoft released a couple videos that show the possibilities of creating mixed-reality video. They released a model for 3D printing that allows a HoloLens to be mounted on a DSLR camera and the results are pretty fantastic.

For those of you who saw this:

at E3 2015, this is how they made the video. I wish I had a second HoloLens so I could experiment with this! (Oh, and a DSLR camera... )
    02-13-2017 11:33 AM
    I've always waiting for VR but I must admit that by now, AR is proven to be quite more useful and MS is nailing it. Can't wait to be able to have multiple virtual screens to work with my computer. Looking forward to see what Apple is going to present in the next months.
    EgoAnt likes this.
    02-13-2017 12:15 PM
    One Hololens is out of my reach. Two is WAAAAY beyond my reach, lol. That would be cool, though. Thanks for sharing it!
    02-13-2017 03:41 PM
    I've always waiting for VR but I must admit that by now, AR is proven to be quite more useful and MS is nailing it. Can't wait to be able to have multiple virtual screens to work with my computer. Looking forward to see what Apple is going to present in the next months.
    I have to admit that usually I am a bit of a hater when it comes to Apple, mostly because they aren't super developer-friendly. But they know how to make or break industry trends, and I am excited to see what they come up with in the AR space.
    02-16-2017 10:04 AM
    OK, that setup should be around $10000 so I will officially need to sell some body parts for that lol

But it's in fact truly amazing, I only hope to try it once and be amazed and not having the hopes higher than reality.

Also I would like to see more companies related to AR joining forces, if VR is helping medical students to practice their surgeries and can't imagine how now aren't with doing the actual surgeries without some AR glasses on.
    02-21-2017 03:06 PM
    For now; wait a few years... :-)
    04-06-2017 05:55 AM
    I hope Microsoft doesn't lose the market for being too late, like they did with WP.
    04-07-2017 04:12 AM
    Wow! Hololens is just too cool.
    04-07-2017 07:53 AM