I was watching this video and thinking, would it be nice to have something like this all over the house?

I think it's a little like having a HoloLens without wearing it, I know a lot is not really the same, this thing is a projector, but in some way the HoloLnes are a projector which only can be perceived by who is wearing it.

The information so far I think is very limited in any direction, but the demo is simply amazing.

here the link for the Lampix's site: https://www.lampix.co/
    pkcable likes this.
    03-28-2017 08:35 PM
    That is <expletive> incredible! Were can I get one?
    03-29-2017 05:12 PM
    It does indeed look cool, but also looks a bit washed out. Might not work well in a bright environment?

I've seen other similar products demoed and nothing has come of them yet; we'll see if this one actually makes it out of beta.
    03-30-2017 04:48 PM
    Well, being the lamp one of the sources of light there not should be a big problem, but you are right, in exteriors or in a place with big windows and during a sunny day maybe will be hard to use it at all.
    03-31-2017 08:55 PM
    Well, being the lamp one of the sources of light there not should be a big problem, but you are right, in exteriors or in a place with big windows and during a sunny day maybe will be hard to use it at all.
    Yes, but it does not really seem to be a mobile device, you will probably have it in a fixed place in a room, and you could make sure it is semi-dark. It looks very cool to me, if used in a dim lighted place.
    04-09-2017 10:41 AM
    Yes, but it does not really seem to be a mobile device, you will probably have it in a fixed place in a room, and you could make sure it is semi-dark. It looks very cool to me, if used in a dim lighted place.
    Those are actually good points, but maybe that will be solve in the V2 of it at all, and I remember those laser keyboards.

I once saw one and the recognition was the main problem in bright places more than the problem to see the keys.
    04-09-2017 10:53 PM
    Those are actually good points, but maybe that will be solve in the V2 of it at all, and I remember those laser keyboards.

http://www.rethinkmodern.com/wp-cont...board-wide.png

I once saw one and the recognition was the main problem in bright places more than the problem to see the keys.
    Yup, I think with more development, this technology has a "bright" future...
    Chemy JMHT likes this.
    04-10-2017 06:26 AM
    I seem to remember seeing a video recently of a brilliant inventor in India I think who was developing a small camera or projector not sure what it was that is worn on a person and it can turn any surface, horizontal or vertical, like a wall into a working smart surface, not sure if this is "borrowing" from that invention.
    07-16-2017 12:53 AM
    This reminds me of the Sony android projector demoed recently -

https://www.theverge.com/circuitbrea...creen-mwc-2017

Sony's version makes a lot more sense as it is easy to move around and more flexible.
    07-17-2017 01:36 AM
    why it has to be a lamp? well, i see that it is more intended to be used in the top of the table and inside the house.
    but i think that if it was something like an arm that can be attached to the wall, that has a table near it, then it could be more useful. i mean, this high end is intended to interact with the person, so if it was more articulated like this lamp: Meet The Lamp That Turns Your Table Into A Smart Surface-articulated-lamp-3-8842.jpg it was more versatile.
    07-20-2017 07:16 PM
    Every time I see something like this I lement the passing of CastAR
    07-25-2017 11:32 AM
    Cant wait to get one. When does it get to Europe?

Cheers
    07-31-2017 04:36 PM
    Well this company (Lampix) was sending updates, and looks like everything is going on wheels.

Hopefully we will see more of this kind of teach and in a price range reasonable.
    09-04-2017 09:41 PM