Welcome to the VRHeads Forum Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Chemy JMHT

Global Posts
    477 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is Magic Leap?
    Magic Leap is a secretive Augmented Reality (AR) company backed by big money including Google. Think Hololens, not VR.

Who is behind Magic Leap?
    Take a look for yourself! Some incredibly skilled and experienced team members here: Magic Leap Team

What is the product?
    Magic Leap is creating an AR headset. We currently have no idea what it will look like and most details are secret. Speculation is that it will have a wider field of view than Hololens and that it could even be something closer to glasses than an entire headset.

What have we seen so far?
    You can find a handful of videos from this Magic Leap YouTube page here: Magic Leap YouTube

Why should we care?
    That's up to you. Personally, I love the idea of Hololens, but I don't love many of the shortcomings, such as the size of the headset or the limited field of view that you won't really see in their promos. I have no idea what will come of Magic Leap, but I'm certainly eager to find out. If they can make this something I can wear comfortably and the FOV is improved, they may have the best AR/VR product yet. Time will tell.

Here's a fantastic article on Wired about Magic Leap: The Untold Story of Magic Leap, the Worlds Most Secretive Startup

So... What do you think? Are you excited? Have you already heard of this, or is this new to you?
    Last edited by BioFanatic; 09-12-2016 at 06:11 PM.

Global Posts
    1,771 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think more companies working on it is good news for the users and I just watched this video and love it!

BioFanatic likes this.

Global Posts
    365 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen a couple things about Magic Leap and at first I was interested, but they are so secretive it has been hard to maintain any sort of enthusiasm. =)

I'm excited for some real concrete news, but right now it's all so vague.

Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PIN
    No
    Looks promising I like their web site design it captures childhood memories, I'm still not sure about VR VS. AR, I tried AR on the Ipad I have and it's weird seeing these things in your own living room, with regards to the Star Wars video with C3P0 and R2D2 and VR VS. AR I think I would rather experience that in VR in it's native setting just seems to be more normal to me, like in a movie, but that might just be me.