SeeThru claim to be the first genuine wireless augmented reality eyewear and instead of relying on a camera to gather information about your surroundings, it relies only on its own series of location plus a GPS to get things done. The Laster SeeThru is not equipped with a camera to avoid comments regarding invasion of privacy.

Something really amazing is how we are just discovering a few devices on the market due the huge amount being developed today, having a real lack of standardization for some companies is hard to having a spot in the market even when they have great devices and technologies.

Laster SeeThru Augmented Reality Smart Glasses-laster-seethru.jpg

The SeeThru focuses almost entirely on sports and activities like biking, parachuting and yachting among other things. It helps navigate and gives live information whenever youre doing such activities. SeeThru is packed with features like wireless & communication with smartphone, localization and navigation, head tracker, and contacts access from phone just to name a few. [$399]

When I was looking the Laster web I wasn't able to find the SeeThru, instead I found the WAVE Lite development kit what looks to be an upgrade from the SeeThruu, also way more expensive (1490,00).

Coming back to the SeeThru the better description I found was this one:

It is a wireless augmented reality (AR) eyewear that shows information around your surroundings without disrupting your normal view. When you wear it, the information displayed on its lens vary depending on what youre looking. Imagine a scenario like youre looking at a historical monument or youre walking along the street looking for nearby hot spots, SeeThru will show you real time information on the object or provide directions to take you there.

Its not only an informative eyewear but it can be used to take calls, listen to music and display e-mails, text messages, contact data and other text.

Also, it differs from other smart glasses because it has no built-in camera and recording capabilities to protect the privacy of the people around the user.

It uses the users smartphone as processing power which it connects via Bluetooth. Images and information are then relayed to SeeThrus lens. The rechargeable device last for 6 to 8 hours.

SeeThru offers a best quality images, a vision field that is 2-3x larger than that of Google Glass, resolution of 800 x 600 pixels and the aspect ratio that can be set to 4:3 or 16:9.

SeeThru has a built-in of three gyroscope sensors, accelerometers and compasses, GPS tracking, head tracking and built-in audio.

Now, the company is creating a number of apps for use in different kinds of activities. Satellite navigation, biking, sailing, skiing, skateboarding, and flying apps to be available to support the different needs of the users.

What I think is we are giving a fast approach to define how the near future will be, more connected, more interactive and overcharged with information.

Sources:
    - WAV? Lite development kit - Laster Technologies
    - Laster SeeThru: an informative and smart glasses - InfoTechNation
    10-30-2016 10:20 PM
    Amazing. Just mind boggling tech.
    10-31-2016 02:39 AM
    I'm not counting on this to succeed. There's a reason Google shelved Glass
    10-31-2016 03:05 AM
    Well right now their market is more the industrial market, so for sure we (the mortals or the regular people) won't have one to try it.
    11-02-2016 07:58 PM