These augmented reality glasses look like any normal glasses without any visibly big components such as a camera. But that doesn't mean that Shima doesn't come with a camera. In fact it does. It even comes embedded with other components such as speaker, microphone, battery, the circuit board and everything to make it look like normal eyewear.

Shima can easily be connected to smartphones running Android, iOS and Windows platform using a bluetooth connection. Theyre planning on creating an app called socialFlo that allows you to select which apps youd want to see present in Shima as widgets.

Actually the technology looks so amazing that for me is hard to believe it's real, you can pre order it at $590 and chose from 4 models here: https://www.laforgeoptical.com/shop/12-shima

10-30-2016 10:54 PM
    This looks like what google glass should have been. Hard to judge without trying though.
    I hope it has eye tracking, or else I imagine trying to focus your eyes on the info could be annoying.

edit: I don't get what the bad thing about looking like a cyborg is though.
    10-31-2016 02:08 AM
    This looks like what google glass should have been. Hard to judge without trying though.
    I hope it has eye tracking, or else I imagine trying to focus your eyes on the info could be annoying.

edit: I don't get what the bad thing about looking like a cyborg is though.
    Well there are a lot of option similar to Google Glass, but actually remember that Google Glass was a developers device, not a consumers device, it's like the OSVR, it's more a platform than a product.

Maybe some of this AR devices were developed using some principles taken from the Glass.

But I will love to see more competition and development and for sure more in the market at good prices.
    11-02-2016 07:56 PM
    Super cool. Can't wait until I don't have to pull out my phone anymore. Will the glasses vibrate or will the phone vibrate?
    11-02-2016 08:15 PM
    Super cool. Can't wait until I don't have to pull out my phone anymore. Will the glasses vibrate or will the phone vibrate?
    LOL but Com'on mate! having the notifications right in front of your eyes I think you will notice it!

Would be nice to see that shaking in the face, I'm thinking about the feedback could be really gentle and near the hears could help in some situations, like if you are sleeping or something
    11-04-2016 10:55 AM
    Cause you can't miss out on that comment your aunt leaves on a cat meme at 5am when you're sleeping.
    11-05-2016 01:06 PM
    Cause you can't miss out on that comment your aunt leaves on a cat meme at 5am when you're sleeping.
    Mate I don't wear the glasses while sleeping

But I think if I stayed slept with my headset (Astro A50) for sure more than one time, it should be nice to record a drunk journey with those things :P
    11-05-2016 11:06 PM
    Sure, although if a lot of people went around recoding their surroundings I'd feel a bit uneasy.
    11-06-2016 07:43 AM
    Sure, although if a lot of people went around recoding their surroundings I'd feel a bit uneasy.
    Only if you actually know they are wearing it, I'm not one of those who takes pictures of everything, I mean, if I'm traveling or something when I stop to take pictures is almost never to the group or something but the background, nature or something outstanding, but I will for sure try this a bit.
    11-06-2016 08:02 PM
    Only if you actually know they are wearing it, I'm not one of those who takes pictures of everything, I mean, if I'm traveling or something when I stop to take pictures is almost never to the group or something but the background, nature or something outstanding, but I will for sure try this a bit.
    In the not too distant future everyone will be wearing AR glasses of some kind. But I guess the real issue is getting used to it cause you can't stop people from recording anything they want at that point.
    Chemy JMHT likes this.
    11-07-2016 12:57 AM
    A lot of your life is already recorded, whether you're aware or not. Welcome to the future.
    Firegold21 likes this.
    11-07-2016 03:13 PM
    I used to run in 10 Km races (6,2 Miles) and of course a lot of people usually record the race or take pictures, sometimes I find some of that pictures where I am in totally strangers Facebook's profiles.
    11-10-2016 07:56 PM