I just got out of a Meta demo and what i saw was pretty impressive. Here ate my initial impressions:

The good:
    The display is crisp and shows a LOT of detail. The field of vision is better than the HoloLens- but not by a huge margin. The Meta is tethered to the computer so it is capable of rendering things in as much detail as a full desktop computer can handle, and in the car demo they showed me that meant being able to see the wheel componenets at very close range.

The hand recognition is well done, and objects in the scene respond to the presence of your hand quite well. The first demo they showed me was a s.all field of floating cubes and pushing them around with my fingers and cupping my hands to hold them felt very natural and responsive.

The headset was also quite comfortable to wear. It wasn't very heavy and it fit well over my glasses. Getting it to focus properly was a breeze, just got ot settled straight and it worked.

The stuff they are still working on:
    Tracking and framerate were the only two issues I noticed. When I moved my head there was some noticeable stutter. Honestly this could have been the software they were running, the tracking on the headset, or even the computer running it. I am confide the Meta team will work this out soon.

If someone were to ask me which is better, Meta or HoloLens I wouldn't have a good answer. HoloLens is more polished right now, but is better for room-scale AR. The Meta shines at up-close-and personal interactions.
    11-02-2016 12:18 PM
    I just tried the Meta augmented reality headset-1478107168656.jpg
    For zome reason my picturedidn't work through the app, so I attached it instead.
    11-02-2016 12:20 PM
    Nice. Looks like your "playing a DJ demo" j/k

Are they expecting a 2017 release? Would be cool to have a Hololens vs Meta review.

Posted via the VRHeads App for Android
    11-02-2016 03:06 PM
    Nice. Looks like your "playing a DJ demo" j/k
    That's actually not me in the picture, I snapped a quick shot of the engineer while he was setting up. =)
    11-02-2016 04:53 PM
    That's actually not me in the picture, I snapped a quick shot of the engineer while he was setting up. =)
    D'oh!
    11-02-2016 11:19 PM
    That's great, also looks like something maybe next pilots will have, the looks is like half flight helmet and due the need of a computer it maybe will work pretty good in confined spaces where the user will be in a particular place and interacting with other devices in that cockpit.
    12-02-2016 06:01 PM