The Lenovo Phab 2 Pro is now available to buy from their website.

If you live in the US, that is.
    And if you are on AT&T or T-Mobile, that is.

Honestly at $499 US unlocked it's not a bad deal at all, I just wish I could get my hands on one here in Canada. The phone uses Google's new Tango technology, which allows the phone to sense the world around it in more detail than is possible just using the camera. It is being sold as an AR phone, and I really want to try it.

Hopefully Samsung will jump on the Tango-enabled bandwagon. I like Samsung stuff - when it doesn't explode, of course.
    11-07-2016 02:33 PM
    I hear that. I can definitely see a different an unique take on AR with Tango. Imagine using a Tango phone to see the stars or say you wish to know the position of every planet in our solar system in real time. That would be pretty sweet.
    11-07-2016 10:12 PM
    I hear that. I can definitely see a different an unique take on AR with Tango. Imagine using a Tango phone to see the stars or say you wish to know the position of every planet in our solar system in real time. That would be pretty sweet.
    I want something to connect a smartphone and this: http://a.co/7oNQgHF take a look at it if you like astronomy.

That telescope can be calibrated by pointing at 3 celestial objects, after that you simply select what you want to see and it will align to is
    11-21-2016 11:23 PM
    I want something to connect a smartphone and this: http://a.co/7oNQgHF take a look at it if you like astronomy.

That telescope can be calibrated by pointing at 3 celestial objects, after that you simply select what you want to see and it will align to is
    YES! Man that would be awesome if such a combo can be made. I do like astronomy. Maybe in the future I will finally make among one of my pastimes

Posted via the VRHeads App for Android
    Chemy JMHT likes this.
    11-22-2016 06:13 AM
    I'm hope apple can incorporate this in the new iPhone that would be really dope
    04-11-2017 12:23 PM
    I'm hope apple can incorporate this in the new iPhone that would be really dope
    I would be seriously surprised if Apple wasn't working on their own AR. They have said repeatedly that they believe AR has more of a future than VR.
    04-11-2017 12:34 PM
    I'm so new to all this, but I'm very encouraged and am going to try some of these (as soon as I get a phone with some room on it)!
    04-12-2017 08:29 PM
    I sounds amazing. I am just wondering if a 600-series snapdragon processor is enough for this kind of phone. Why not an 821 (or 835)? Does it make a huge difference price-wise?
    04-13-2017 06:21 AM
    I sounds amazing. I am just wondering if a 600-series snapdragon processor is enough for this kind of phone. Why not an 821 (or 835)? Does it make a huge difference price-wise?
    I think the equipment to make Tango run is fairly pricy, and for the Phab 2 Pro they were trying to keep the price down a bit.

The ASUS Zenfone AR has an 821 and has both Tango and Daydream compatibility. I really want to get my hands on one, but doubt there is any way I'll be able to afford one any time soon.
    04-21-2017 02:46 PM