Hey VRHeads!

So a few days ago, a friend shared a link about father.io. The link will bring to their Indiegogo page. When you do, check out the main video!

It's basically a shooter game but AR style. When watching the video, you get to see "humans" vs "evolved" engage in a team death match style of game play. There is a peripheral you clip to your phone (not sure what phone sizes it supports) which I believe it helps identify your target when you initiate an attack. At one point, you will see a person at a computer desk that looks to be a "command center" of some kind. Eventually, that same person dawns a VR headset and controls a drone to help out his team (kind of like the feature I WISH they had in The Division...).

It looks very cool. It will remain to be scene how well this AR game will play as I am sure their server will be running like crazy.
    08-24-2016 05:12 PM
    It's a great concept, but I think it's probably not going to get very big. Should capture a tight dedicated audience in metro areas, though.
    08-29-2016 02:28 PM
    It's a great concept, but I think it's probably not going to get very big. Should capture a tight dedicated audience in metro areas, though.
    This might be another item that appeals to that cafe, or arcade concept we were talking about in another thread. A place can buy 10 to 20 units and then rent them and the space to play them. Disney try a concept that was SUPPOSED to go nationwide but the only one left is in Orlando called Disney Quest. Also there's a chain called Dave & Buster which some of you may have heard of, place like this, dedicated to VR and simulated gaming could becoming popular again, and THIS would be the type place for this game. It would HAVE to be programmable and I'm sure it would be to allow to customized play options, THAT would make it worthwhile.
    iThunderbirt and EgoAnt like this.
    09-02-2016 08:16 AM
    Neat idea.
    I imagine the game having more success if players didn't need the additional hardware.

Potentially Bluetooth5 could be a solution? Apparently it will have 4 times the range.
    It may be possible to have the players connected in one large network. And as more things become connected(IOT), stationary objects could be utilized as well.
    09-10-2016 08:48 PM