A fresh take on mobile VR and AR, powered by your iPhone

The Bridge Headset Powers Up iPhone VR With Positional Tracking, a reason to want an iPhone, I don't know if this works with Android!

The main component of the new Bridge AR/VR headset is the Structure Sensor. Its built into the front of it, mapping your surroundings and making it possible to do whats called inside-out positional tracking. It can sense and create depth maps of objects (like the project Tango in some ways) as close as a foot and a half and as far as 11 feet away. It wont drain your battery quickly, because the sensor has its own rechargeable battery that runs three to four hours per charge.

Source:
    http://www.theverge.com/2016/12/9/13...ons-test-price
    12-10-2016 07:21 PM
    Hmm it looks interesting but I think it will be a hard sell at $400/$500 and still needing a phone. Also it seems like its going to be rather front heavy with the phone and all the sensors in the front, even with the solid looking rear support. But its an exciting idea and I hope it works out better then I think it will.
    12-11-2016 08:52 AM
    Hmm it looks interesting but I think it will be a hard sell at $400/$500 and still needing a phone. Also it seems like its going to be rather front heavy with the phone and all the sensors in the front, even with the solid looking rear support. But its an exciting idea and I hope it works out better then I think it will.
    If the idea is really good but the market isn't the right one or if they don't do the right adjustments probably another company will buy it (like Apple) and then problem solved, a more organized company will achieve the goal.
    12-13-2016 08:25 PM
    Apple already bought Primesense who are behind the tech makers of kinect etc... And Apple is planned to integrate 3D camera sensor in one of upcoming iphones for best of best Agumented reality experience which is next big thing in reality future according Tim Cook.

And coming to Android Project Tango came in to life using Lenovo Phab 2 Pro and Lenovo is planning for moto mod Tango for Moto Z devices.

And coming to the point how can occipital will have huge success in this AR using external sensors for only iphones compatability?
    Chemy JMHT likes this.
    12-13-2016 11:55 PM
    On top of that, it seems that the whole point of these mobile vr platforms are that they are mobile while these rigid design won't make it as easy to take around in comparison to something like google daydream. Also, all those sensors and cameras are gonna add more weight.
    12-14-2016 02:42 AM
    On top of that, it seems that the whole point of these mobile vr platforms are that they are mobile while these rigid design won't make it as easy to take around in comparison to something like google daydream. Also, all those sensors and cameras are gonna add more weight.
    I agree! I think we're seeing the pioneers taking some serious risks but ultimately it has to be more unobtrusive.
    12-14-2016 09:14 AM
    This one seems interesting, but they are definitely behind in the tech race. As Ganesh mentioned there are already better alternatives available.
    12-14-2016 11:57 AM
    Apple already bought Primesense who are behind the tech makers of kinect etc... And Apple is planned to integrate 3D camera sensor in one of upcoming iphones for best of best Agumented reality experience which is next big thing in reality future according Tim Cook.

And coming to Android Project Tango came in to life using Lenovo Phab 2 Pro and Lenovo is planning for moto mod Tango for Moto Z devices.

And coming to the point how can occipital will have huge success in this AR using external sensors for only iphones compatability?
    I'm thinking they can be just preparing for a bigger market if the Apple market gives some profits or insights, but as EgoAnt said, they are behind in the race, whatever they wanted to do it's better to do it now.
    12-14-2016 11:50 PM