After watching the AR Industrial video I posted, I got to thinking what if this is the new HUD we have always seen in Movies like Ironman and TV in sitcoms like when a character is trying to find a date at a bar and he starts scanning around the room with various data showing on the HUD, or like the sitcom Spin City I watched an episode the other night where Mike played by M J Fox is scanning his girlfriend and he's trying to lie to her and the choices come up on the HUD, could AR glasses finally be the HUD that we have seen SyFy for so long? Are we soon going to have smart glasses that feed us data constantly helping up make every day choices? I wonder.
    09-16-2016 11:48 PM
    My opinion: Yes.
    Especially about your environment. If your glasses scan a noteworthy street sign, they will offer you a link. If you click on it, there will be historical data pertaining to it.
    Or if the glasses see a restaurant, they will offer hours of operation, and the menu.

This guy built something similar several years ago, it also included a projector. I think you will like this video:
    https://www.ted.com/talks/pranav_mis...age=en#t-11943
    Last edited by undefinederror; 09-17-2016 at 11:52 AM.
    09-17-2016 11:37 AM
    My opinion: Yes.
    Especially about your environment. If your glasses scan a noteworthy street sign, they will offer you a link. If you click on it, there will be historical data pertaining to it.
    Or if the glasses see a restaurant, they will offer hours of operation, and the menu.

This guy built something similar several years ago, it also included a projector. I think you will like this video:
    https://www.ted.com/talks/pranav_mis...age=en#t-11943
    I watched it, it's fascinating what he has invented, and that talk was back in 2009, you can only wonder how much progress has been made since then? The thing with projecting data on any given wall is intriguing but I would be concerned about others seeing it and my privacy, but otherwise it's quite intriguing and affordable concept!
    09-17-2016 05:00 PM
    Wow that video and that guy is simply amazing I hope some other people participate and improve it more.

He made it open source so.
    09-17-2016 07:02 PM
    Wow that video and that guy is simply amazing I hope some other people participate and improve it more.

He made it open source so.
    He and the idea are brilliant and making it open source, what a philanthropist, there are a few giant software companies that could learn a thing or two from this young man.
    09-19-2016 03:00 PM
    Seems like it could be. Just needs to be advanced more.
    10-18-2016 02:23 AM
    I think I remember when Google glass first came out, talk about facial recognition that could then look up the Facebook profile of everyone you looked at and their name and a quick summary. Back then I was single and thought it would be so cool to know the relationship status of the girls I was checking out, of course that's also super creepy... I think there are a ton of privacy concerns that need to be worked out before this can ever become a mainstream thing.
    10-19-2016 05:30 AM
    Seems like it could be. Just needs to be advanced more.
    it's about the time
    10-20-2016 08:15 AM
    The uses are endless. I saw the videos with surgeons using Microsoft's Hololenses in the OR. It would be incredible.
    10-20-2016 01:12 PM
    No question AR will be used in surgery and many other places where the eyes can not see as well as the AR lens can.
    10-20-2016 11:05 PM
    cool video thanks for sharing!!!!
    Sim_8_3 likes this.
    10-20-2016 11:48 PM
    I'm looking beyond AR glasses. I want AR contact lenses. The lenses would track where you are looking better than glasses and make information overlays for objects you are looking at seem more natural.
    10-27-2016 02:20 AM