VRHeads editor @RussellHolly wrote an excellent blog for our sister site iMore about AR on Apple devices in iOS 11 and the upcoming ARkit. It really explains the technology well and is an excellent read!

It sounds to me that once Apple brings AR to the masses this will only benefit us ALL, even those using Android and other platforms or devices. Sounds like they will be forced, or not sure what the correct words are, BUT they will need to keep up with Apple and it can only help with their own platforms. i.e. Hololens Project Tango, etc

So what do you all think?
    Firegold21 likes this.
    06-27-2017 12:15 PM
    apple had to adopt this earlier. why they also do not develop also an VR headset?
    i think that apple is like tesla. tesla was struggling to even sell its cars because of many regulations. to they even opened their patents to everybody for free. hope to seee apple also democratize the vr and ar so that there will be more companies and game developers more easely developing AR and VR games
    pkcable likes this.
    07-12-2017 03:08 PM
    Apple may be in with a chance at taking the AR market by storm though as an Android user, and seeing how AR can go for Android with ARCore, I am not convinced Apple will take the market. Not with the explosion of AR apps on Android already, and free.
    Question to the OP on AR, what is your opinion on this statistic from a virtual reality service blog:

AR could become the primary driver of a $108 billion VR [virtual reality]/AR market by 2021, with AR taking the lion’s share of $83 billion and VR $25 billion.”

I can believe that as the AR developers can add billions to the games market alone. I could mention other major uses as we go on like home design, event planning (latter can be very useful at event promos). I think filmmakers can dress a scene in reality with augmented objects and gain a clear view of a scene before props enter or how CGI elements will blend.

I think the stats are right considering the uses of AR and I have barely covered it.
    11-09-2017 05:28 AM