I think it's the second time I read something talking of how good Ar will do or is doing already, honestly I think because AR has more portable applications.

The Fox article I was reading talks about how a research firm IDC predicts the market for AR hardware will grow roughly 190% each year from 2016 to 2020 and also how Microsofts HoloLens headset, Intel with its RealSense sensors and Microsoft collaboration, and NVIDIA with its deep specialization in graphics processors are well-positioned for long-term growth.

I'm in this forum all days, so I'm interested in anything related to VR/AR, and I see a lot around me with those two acronyms all over, but

Do you think this technologies will really be the flagship technologies of the 2017?

Also, what you people think AMD is going to do? and what about the new GVRA will change from this year to 2017?

The article I read is here: Augmented Reality Stocks: What to Watch in 2017 | Fox Business
    12-16-2016 10:56 PM
    AMD has bigger issues at the moment trying to salvage their primary processor business. They also are pretty non-existent in the mobile space and the grid computing space (They have a division on it and have something but it doesn't seem to be a big push for them like it is with NVidia)

GVRA said they would be focusing on VR initally so I don't expect much in the way from them at the moment.

But you are right the success with AR is probably due to the fact that you can use your phone for it and have no need to buy anything else. We just need to move it out of the gimmick zone and into the useful zone.
    12-17-2016 09:22 AM
    Well AMD is actually doing pretty well in both Graphics Cards and CPUs, remember AMD is inside of any PS4 and XBOX, also is kind of gaining some ground from Nvidia.

But well I don't actually know a lot about it.

And back in the subject, you are right, the fact we can use our phones is a huge advantage, but I don't actually consider a good AR that portable AR with Pokemon Go and Snapchat in front.
    12-17-2016 11:13 PM