11-01-2016 01:28 AM
29 12
    I Live Stream Events, Currently in HD but soon in 4K.

I have been toying with the idea of getting a 360 kit to stream events in VR.

Would you rather have a lower quality VR Stream or a 4K Multicamera stream (This is a live production environment, similar to TV, not viewer can select whichever camera they want to see - Thats coming in 2017 )
    10-23-2016 09:29 AM
    There needs to be a use case for a multicamera stream for it to be worthwhile. Perhaps a sports event, or a concert?
    Penguwin likes this.
    10-23-2016 09:45 AM
    Absolutely yes, I can't wait to see what VR is capable of
    10-23-2016 02:41 PM
    Sport's, concerts, theatre & documentaries. Hell yeah!
    10-23-2016 04:26 PM
    NextVR is in that business. I've watched the Kentucky Derby, a Bundesliga game, college football, and even Canelo fights. They are fun to watch, but you have to have a good tech crew to make it like any other sportscast.
    10-23-2016 08:25 PM
    Yesm in general it would be events that have multiple "good" vantage points simultaneously.
    10-24-2016 06:24 AM
    Yup these are the kid of things I had in Mind

NextVR is in that business. I've watched the Kentucky Derby, a Bundesliga game, college football, and even Canelo fights. They are fun to watch, but you have to have a good tech crew to make it like any other sportscast.
    I will check them out, will be good to see how theyre doing it.
    A good tech crew will be vital. Lighting for such things will be the make or break factor.

Absolutely yes, I can't wait to see what VR is capable of
    Me too
    10-24-2016 06:26 AM
    Yep. those are in deed the type of events I would be interested in as well.

Sports and documentaries would be my top two votes
    10-24-2016 08:29 AM
    4k multi camera stream is much better
    10-24-2016 11:59 AM
    4k multi camera would technically look better but vr would be a hell of a lot more exciting. If you want people to watch your stream, that's also a good way to stand out.
    Is streaming vr even possible in a somewhat decent quality (at least 720p)?
    Imagine someone virtually carrying your head around their world and you can just look around. Like a super immersive skype call.
    10-24-2016 04:27 PM
    To answer the question, yes, I would watch an event stream in VR if it were available.

It would be even more interesting in events where the focus is able to provide the 360 perspective, such as in an automotive racing event, where cameras could be setup on the vehicle to provide that surrounded perspective. Another event might be in football, if the current cameras on the cables were to be setup with VR cameras, and for that matter, any event in a stadium might work, although baseball might not be the best idea.

Straying from the original question, from a military perspective, it would be great to have that outside full VR perspective from safely within a vehicle, or remotely for that matter.

Hrm, going back to the original question then veering off a little again, the future concept of what a cameraman at various events looks like and how they operate looks interesting. I can picture a guy, much like a one-man-band, wearing some type of VR camera rig, walking around at various events, providing VR viewers their perspective. It would be great then if there were multiple such cameramen or perspectives at the same event, and VR viewers could selectively switch from one perspective to another.

Yes, I would.
    10-24-2016 06:21 PM
    I think it would be cool if the NFL used the overhead spider cam for VR users.
    10-24-2016 06:51 PM
    I'd watch almost any sport with a camera built into the helmet at least once to see what the player is experiencing.
    10-25-2016 12:38 AM
    I think everything 360 and VR possible, I think we already do some of that stuff, there are some museums with VR tours, but I think I will actually enjoy the experience in general.
    10-25-2016 01:03 AM
    Some Great Responses here!

For some events having a 360 might not be a useful option - such as conferences (do you really want to stare at the guy who is "sitting behind you" all the time.

I think one of the biggest challenges will be allowing the VRer to actually move around the space. For this I have been in some deep thought as to the best way for someone to be able to view things from a different angle in VR, thus giving them the freedom (and sensation) of movement - without using up all the bandwidth on their connection.

One of the issues with sports events or similar is that everything happens live, if you're looking the wrong way at the wrong time you've missed it. More thoughts have gone into how to allow fredom of viewing angle but with a automatic (or broadcast triggered) change view angle to virtually rotate all VRers to the point of action when it happens (maybe virtual rearview mirrors would be an idea)
    10-25-2016 05:25 AM
    I think I'd be more likely to watch 4k multi camera stream given the content is worthwhile as well
    10-25-2016 08:43 AM
    I was going to say that, especially concerts.

Imagine a 360 camera in the middle of the crowd
    10-25-2016 09:17 AM
    Abso-freakin-lutely yes for VR live broadcast.
    I think exhibitions will benefit greatly from live VR broadcast.
    Museum tour, palace tour.
    Property tour.
    Yes documentaries too.
    Events in amusement park. Sport event is a must too.

And also want live xxx shows? LOL. Why not!

Can Periscope broadcast in 360?
    10-25-2016 10:27 AM
    I definitely would. I was hoping to try it out during the Olympics after I saw the ads for it; but I didn't have the hardware for it. While live streaming it would be cool for sporting events, maybe the better place to start would be highlights and replays. Then people could play multiple times to see things from different angles without missing what else is happening live.
    LezCronut likes this.
    10-25-2016 11:01 AM
    VitaminA, NextVR and NBC did that. Their apps have replays of the events that they cover, as long as they have the rights to them.
    10-25-2016 12:23 PM
    Why not just make the football players kick around a super durable 360 camera?
    10-25-2016 12:30 PM
    Here's a link for something else, music. Universal Music started their own VR app and service. http://musically.com/2016/10/25/univ...l-reality-app/
    10-25-2016 12:41 PM
    I would not, it's so distracting for me, I'd rather watch events as usual
    10-25-2016 01:08 PM
    I want a virtual movie theater where I can watch stuff in the real theaters!

Posted via the VRHeads App for Android
    10-25-2016 01:38 PM
    Ok, So I will be working on this a lot more now since it seems that people really would want to experience this.
    Initially I will work on "Non-Live" examples to see what works best for people, then adapt the system for live.
    10-26-2016 04:25 AM
29 12