Home VRHeads Q&A > Ask a Question (no registration!)

Why won't my phone play any of my videos unless I put on the gear device?

Asked: Dec 25 2016 | 8:59 am EST 1210 Views 1 Answers View Best Answer

Whenever I try to watch a video I recorded from my phone, It takes me to a screen that says to put on my vr gear for it to play. I uninstalled the vr apps and now when I press play it takes me back to setting up Samsung Gear in order to play it. I'm about to take this product back. Can anyone help me with this issue?

Best Answer

Dec 25 2016 | 10:05 am EST Chemy JMHT

Whenever I try to watch a video I recorded from my phone, It takes me to a screen that says to put on my vr gear for it to play. I uninstalled the vr apps and now when I press play it takes me back to setting up Samsung Gear in order to play it. I'm about to take this product back. Can anyone help me with this issue?
Hi, welcome to the forum, I invite you to register to the forum.

About your question, looks like the option "open with..." Is linked with your Gear VR, so one option is installing another video player like the VLC or anything else in order today make Android to ask which default application do you want to open your file.

That's not the answer from the book, the official answer should be "Reset app preferences" but it will reset all your apps preferences.

I hope it solves your problem, I want to invite you again to register here and just by posting, commenting and asking you are getting entries to win an Oculus Rift.