I DO NOT want to add payment information...I only want to download free material.
    03-23-2017 01:50 PM
    First of all, Jenny, welcome to VRHeads.com!
    If you need anything, please reach out to me.

In the mean time please take sometime and familiarize yourself with our Community Rules and Guidelines. Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

I keep a prepaid AMEX Serve card with 5 bucks on it just for this type of thing. The credit card is used for age verification, as part of compliance with COPPA (Child Online Privacy Protection Act - FCC rule link here). It's to cover FB/Oculus' **** as far as complying with age requirements set out in this rule.

Thanks and again glad to have you here!!!
    My guess is 1) because there is paid content, they want to make sure you can pay if you want to, and 2) maybe a form of age verification? Have to be old enough to have a credit/debit card?

I don't know if this will be any more palatable to you, but you can set it up with PayPal instead of a card, according to these two articles from our very own VR Heads: How to use the Oculus Store without a credit card and How to use Oculus Home without a credit card. The first is for the Rift and the second is for the Gear VR.

Keep in mind that merely adding payment info does *NOT* mean you will be charged. I haven't been charged for anything I didn't deliberately purchase.
    03-23-2017 05:31 PM
    First of all, Jenny, welcome to VRHeads.com!
    If you need anything, please reach out to me.

In the mean time please take sometime and familiarize yourself with our Community Rules and Guidelines. Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

I keep a prepaid AMEX Serve card with 5 bucks on it just for this type of thing. The credit card is used for age verification, as part of compliance with COPPA (Child Online Privacy Protection Act - FCC rule link here). It's to cover FB/Oculus' **** as far as complying with age requirements set out in this rule.

Thanks and again glad to have you here!!!
    Firegold21 likes this.
    03-23-2017 09:58 PM