When I click the Galaxy s6 handset into the Samsung Gear Vr headset, after 10-15 minutes, I get a warning the the handset has overheated and needs to cool. It does allow me to click to ignore the warning...which i have done but then the headset and phone don't preform properly...everything can get jerky and less responsive...and then I usually succumb and remove the handset from the Gear Vr and let it cool. What can I do to avoid this overheating problem?
    Last edited by Stevelev; 07-07-2017 at 04:07 AM. Reason: To give better explanation
    07-07-2017 03:52 AM
    The tips in this blog can help!

https://www.vrheads.com/how-deal-gear-vr-overheating

You MIGHT also consider installing a homebrew heatsink, which you can find on ebay. I have one for my Daydream from the same guy! ....

Gear VR Aluminum Heat Sink SM-R322 SM-R323 SM-R324 compatible | eBay
    The tips in this blog can help!

https://www.vrheads.com/how-deal-gear-vr-overheating

You MIGHT also consider installing a homebrew heatsink, which you can find on ebay. I have one for my Daydream from the same guy! ....

Gear VR Aluminum Heat Sink SM-R322 SM-R323 SM-R324 compatible | eBay
    Firegold21 likes this.
    07-07-2017 10:16 AM
    Yeah the S6 is very prone to overheating. I don't have experience with how effective using just a heatsink to solve the problem is but a fan-based thermal solution like a CUVR Ultimate will make the problems go away almost entirely. It does add a fair bit of weight to the front though so there is a very noticeable difference in comfort.

If you go this way make sure to get something that says it supports the 2016 GearVR or newer and typically attaches directly to the phone if you have one of the newer models. There are many cooling fans that replace the front cover of the old model and don't work with the new ones where you can't even have the front cover attached while the phone is in.
    pkcable likes this.
    07-08-2017 04:23 AM