It's simple why is there so many ideas companies making this or that and our unit is better than thier unit our unit does more than their unit.
    The virtual world is a single thing although the complexity is far more than that.
    The equipment to access this world needs to be "UNIVERSAL" if I'm wrong let me know.
    These companies need to talk to each other pool thier resources together.
    Stash investment did it with stock market to allow you to fund an idea rather than a single company.
    The idea of all these extra things that go with a unit is wonderful.
    At this rate your going to need 10 different units for 10 different aspects.
    Who is willing to buy several different units to experience the difference.
    07-25-2018 04:27 PM
    I agree some sort of standardization is key in the VR industry for continued growth. YES there can be different products and features BUT standards can enable the PROGRAMS to work on all platforms. So your AltSpace, or Intel Tru VR or NBC Sports VR etc would work on all platforms and would look pretty much the same!
    07-25-2018 06:38 PM
    Exactly the unit shouldn't be the determined factor in these areas.

Eye tracking and Iris scanning allows for a set account across the entire platform.

There are companies that could aid and benefit from the virtual world and not be involved in the physical equipment.

Microsoft focused on the equipment Microsoft allowed other companies to work with thier equipment to develop games software and even hardware that works universally with Microsoft.

They own several equipment brands in both the entertainment industry and the financial industry. Yes there is the Sony Microsoft battle that has raged for many years. Many friendships have fallen victim.

Some people choose neither.

Some choose both.

This equipment barrier prevets some connections. These companies battling to have thier unit go to market are causing even more barriers to begin forming.

This world is trying to unify for a single goal.
    The issue is everyone thinks thier goal is more important even though it's the same goal millions share.
    I agree some sort of standardization is key in the VR industry for continued growth. YES there can be different products and features BUT standards can enable the PROGRAMS to work on all platforms. So your AltSpace, or Intel Tru VR or NBC Sports VR etc would work on all platforms and would look pretty much the same!
    07-25-2018 07:10 PM
    In the movie ready player one for example.
    The whole world used a standard head unit to tap into the world each person had thier own account regardless of age. There were virtual stores to purchase items that get sent to you In real world.
    Threw out this entertainment film you see a single company ioi that has been upgrading the equipment in the real world from the full touch suit to the all inclusive gaming chair. The Oasis as it's called is a single platform for everyone to interact with. Real world companies use the Oasis platform for thier own goals.
    Yes it's a movie
    I know
    07-25-2018 07:45 PM
    In the movie ready player one for example.
    The whole world used a standard head unit to tap into the world each person had thier own account regardless of age. There were virtual stores to purchase items that get sent to you In real world.
    Threw out this entertainment film you see a single company ioi that has been upgrading the equipment in the real world from the full touch suit to the all inclusive gaming chair. The Oasis as it's called is a single platform for everyone to interact with. Real world companies use the Oasis platform for thier own goals.
    Yes it's a movie
    I know
    Loved that movie! Saw it about 10 times! Lol. We sorta have something like the Oasis already called Altspace, unfortunately it’s NOT on all platforms yet, BUT Microsoft owns it now and that should help. I think we are heading to a Ready Player One type future, hopefully not so dystopian, and Altspace will be a big part of that. Already we have all kinds of meeting going on in Altspace, self help groups, comedy and other performance shows, group viewings of movies, eduction, even church!
    07-25-2018 08:01 PM
    Exactly and with Microsoft getting a head on that they can reach out to these other platforms to try and get a neutrality on the equipment.
    As you mentioned the altspace offers many additional areas these groups you speak of for example.
    Think about it in a health care standpoint.
    Your needing a surgery that is questionable.
    Your doctor for this has experience although your case is not something they are completely knowing on.
    Your doctor and you enter this virtual world and enter a room full of highly experienced experts in thier fields with the ability to manipulate a virtual body and explain things to better help the patient to ask anything they feel.

During surgery the operation room can be fixed with cameras everywhere for the experts to be able to be in the room and assist with unknown variables
    pkcable likes this.
    07-25-2018 08:20 PM
    Well some time ago a couple of companies created the GVRA (Global Virtual Reality Association) to create some standards for VR.

So far I can't say it brought anything standardized to the market, but haven't checked very often.

Here is the link to that group: www.gvra.com

Sent from my COL-L29 using VR Heads mobile app
    pkcable and Inkonutaya like this.
    07-27-2018 10:00 AM
    Well some time ago a couple of companies created the GVRA (Global Virtual Reality Association) to create some standards for VR.

So far I can't say it brought anything standardized to the market, but haven't checked very often.

Here is the link to that group: www.gvra.com

Sent from my COL-L29 using VR Heads mobile app
    Step in the right direction!
    07-27-2018 01:06 PM
    Glorious. Beautiful thank you for the information.
    07-27-2018 06:16 PM