Aura Visor is trying to develop one via crowdfunding,but would like to know,if one of the big companies is considering a VR atand alone as well?
      10-06-2016 02:55 AM
      First, thank you somuch for posting a question to VR Heads. I know that I appreciate your visit,and the community needs more people interested in this amazing technology. Iwould love for you to register and log in so that we can continue this thread.

I know that some people would live a standalone VR system, but the closest thing that I see on the market would be Microsoft HoloLens. It looks like, to me, that mobile based VR will dominate because of the saturation of smartphones.
      10-06-2016 08:23 AM
      10-06-2016 10:40 AM
      Technically, there is one, but its kind of horrible.. here is the link to my review of the Omimo Uranus One, and in the review there is a further link to its specs and description..
      Last edited by MainFragger; 10-07-2016 at 08:40 AM. Reason: correcting spelling mistake(s)
      10-07-2016 08:40 AM
      I know that Oculus announced they are working on a middle ground between Rift and Gear that would be self contained, but it is very early.
      10-07-2016 12:32 PM
      Also it depends of what do you want for a Wireless VR, Gear VR is Wireless, and so other Android powered devices are wireless, but a high end VR HMD I think needs like a year to be well developed.

That's definitely something I want, a 4K per-eye wireless All-in-One VR/AR headset... I'm sure we are just a few steps before of that, but that may means a lot of money in the middle.
      Charles Bosse likes this.
      10-07-2016 10:57 PM
      This is my question. The company that comes up with a VR headset that has multiple adpaters for all the phones out there will make $$$. To me it is such a niche market and you will be locked into 1 brand of VR goggles if you decided on Pixel, Samsung, LG, Occulus etc.
      10-13-2016 12:13 PM
      Google Cardboard works on most phones, and you just need one of the headsets to put it in. It's not great, but it's cheap and free. Just know that your phone will be HOT when you pull it out (a google carboard/daydream headset with a fan would be great, IMO).
      10-13-2016 04:22 PM
      right now,
      what kind experience that you expect is some thing that can change the answer
      if you just want working vr, right now there is a lot of mobile vr using phone as your processing unit and display
      if you want rift/vive experience, in optimistic view, next year, mobile computing unit evolve in very fast rate lately
      but if you want great vr experience with 4k-like panel than, in optimistic view, 3 year would be good guess
      10-26-2016 07:54 AM