OK, I was reading the VirtuaTyKing thread (http://forums.vrheads.com/vr-news-discussion-f306/news-maybe-nintendo-switch-patents-reveal-vr-style-headset-add-9427/) about the possibility of the new Nintendo Switch having a VR headset like the Gear VR.

The doubt came to my mind while I was talking about other features I should want in the new Nintendo console should have to be successful, like backwards compatibility to even the GameBoy, haptics controllers, great battery life, etc.

I though after reading the article that one thing should be the ability to broadcast to a HMD and not putting a 7" tablet in your head and with low resolution, too heavy and too big.

So what do you think should be the way or the features for the new Nintendo Switch to be good at VR and / or AR?
    12-18-2016 12:13 AM
    It seems to me that it would be unlikely for Nintendo to simply make a vr headset similar to the Gear VR that you put the switch into and have it be good. Most likely, it would be a half done attempt with games that aren't made specifically for vr. It may be a good idea for Nintendo to focus on a VR headset that is completely portable, unlike an other current headset, that is similar to the ideology behind the switch.
    Chemy JMHT likes this.
    12-18-2016 05:58 AM
    It seems to me that it would be unlikely for Nintendo to simply make a vr headset similar to the Gear VR that you put the switch into and have it be good. Most likely, it would be a half done attempt with games that aren't made specifically for vr. It may be a good idea for Nintendo to focus on a VR headset that is completely portable, unlike an other current headset, that is similar to the ideology behind the switch.
    I get it, but with all the weight ND the low resolution it can be worse, maybe if the simply stream to a headset (even if it's the Daydream, cardboard or whatever) it would be good.
    12-19-2016 10:36 PM
    Between the display resolution and the size of the display, I can't see this being good to hang off of your nose.

Posted via the VRHeads App for Android
    12-20-2016 05:12 PM
    Between the display resolution and the size of the display, I can't see this being good to hang off of your nose.

Yeah agreed. Have to be a separate HMD that connects.
    12-20-2016 09:46 PM

That considering that the high weight and CPU/GPU is kind of weak for those task, hopefully at least it will have the backward compatibility
    12-23-2016 03:16 PM
    That considering that the high weight and CPU/GPU is kind of weak for those task, hopefully at least it will have the backward compatibility
    I wouldn't count on it. It looks like it won't have a traditional game media slot of some sort (Maybe like a 3DS slot) but I think Wii U and Wii Backwards compatibility is out. However it does beg the point. If they coud get 3DS games to run with a headset that experience actually may work out very nicely.
    12-26-2016 10:49 AM
    I wouldn't count on it. It looks like it won't have a traditional game media slot of some sort (Maybe like a 3DS slot) but I think Wii U and Wii Backwards compatibility is out. However it does beg the point. If they coud get 3DS games to run with a headset that experience actually may work out very nicely.
    I don't know why those companies aren't thinking outside the box and thinking in please the users/gamers/players with a little love and make some loyal followers.
    12-26-2016 01:33 PM
    Backwards compatibility is a relatively new thing. Nintendo has been better than most companies in this regard. However eventually these things take space, hardware, and resources to maintain which drive up cost. Often in the effort to drive down costs it will be the first thing jettisoned.
    12-28-2016 07:05 AM
    Backwards compatibility is a relatively new thing. Nintendo has been better than most companies in this regard. However eventually these things take space, hardware, and resources to maintain which drive up cost. Often in the effort to drive down costs it will be the first thing jettisoned.
    I know that, sometimes is better to do something new than to fix something in order to work with the new, but Blizzard did it with Diablo, and a lot of people their free time are making emulators for Android tablets, smartphones and PCs, so having that could be possible.
    12-29-2016 11:47 PM
    As far as a backward compatibility i have a whole shelf of game systems lol. As for good vr it would need more power and resolution probably. Don't think it adds up very well but hey I'd still try it, knowing I could VR some nintendo game and it wasn't too much.
    12-31-2016 01:08 PM
    As far as a backward compatibility i have a whole shelf of game systems lol. As for good vr it would need more power and resolution probably. Don't think it adds up very well but hey I'd still try it, knowing I could VR some nintendo game and it wasn't too much.
    It was more an exercise for my mind than a reality, I like to think in options, one thing could be a third party doing a VR HMD to plug it tothe Dock station to watch the 3D games as we are doing with the 3D games like Skyrim and the Oculus Rift.
    01-03-2017 07:05 PM