Looking for Xmas gift for my 14 year old . . need a set compatible with either a PC or iPhone 5 S . . . are there any options out there?? High end or low end??
    Thx
    11-24-2016 05:49 PM
    Just had this conversation with my brother in law! That you Frank? Lol (it's not, my nephew is 17) Unfortunately for iPhone your only option is a Google Cardboard or Cardboard compatible, that is the Mattel View-MasterVR, one of the many Chinese VR brands (Harbor comes to mind), etc It will say works with cardboard apps. Via PC you have the Oculus Rift or the HTC Vive, BUT the PC must meet certain specs. For Oculus go here and click on view recommended specs ...... https://www3.oculus.com/en-us/oculus-ready-pcs/

For HTC Vive go here ......
    http://forums.vrheads.com/e?link=htt...token=bxiNgoGb

A 3rd option IF he has a Playstation 4 is the PSVR.
    11-24-2016 09:02 PM
    Looking for Xmas gift for my 14 year old . . need a set compatible with either a PC or iPhone 5 S . . . are there any options out there?? High end or low end??
    Thx
    Firstly, since the iPhone only has 326 PPI VR isn't going to be great. However, it is still possible. As @pkcable said your best option would be getting the Google Cardboard. Its a relatively inexpensive headset. <$50. If you have a PS4 in the house, i would recommend the PSVR, its a little more expensive but will fit in really nicely and will give a great experience. All depends on how much you want to spend.

Hope this helps. Keep asking questions and don't forget to sign up! We always love seeing new members.
    pkcable likes this.
    11-26-2016 11:44 AM
    11-27-2016 07:45 PM