I'm trying to make a maintenance schedule so twice a week I do things to clean and make sure my Vive is working.

What are common maintenance things that should be done to extend the life of a HMD?
    11-16-2016 12:39 PM
    I'm not sure what can be done that can actually extend it's life. I know mine stays plugged in now. Which might not help extend it's life but I figure if it keeps getting condensation behind the lenses that can't be too great for it. At least now it doesn't have to keep fluctuating in temperatures as much.
    I use a lens puffer. So far I haven't had to clean them for about a month.
    With my unit I have had strands of elastic coming free from the back strap. I originally cut them but they seemed to continue to come free. Now I carefully burn them off. They have stopped for now.
    11-16-2016 03:26 PM
    What I do is keeping the RIft inside the box if I'm not using it, but if I want to use it in order to avoid condensation I place it over the top fan of the computer to warm it up before wearing it.

What I want to do is protect the internal screen and the internal side of the lenses, I feel like little dust particles can go there, here the dust and humidity is pretty high.
    11-16-2016 06:56 PM