I have been doing a bit of research for a client and found a couple things that allow you to have your hands in mobile VR, but if you have seen anything interesting that is either out or coming soon, I'd love to hear about it.
    01-25-2017 01:20 PM
    I have been doing a bit of research for a client and found a couple things that allow you to have your hands in mobile VR, but if you have seen anything interesting that is either out or coming soon, I'd love to hear about it.
    You peeked my interest...

If your client happens to have a Samsung VR, there is the Samsung Rink VR. It kind of looks like a "brass knuckle". It also seems to have some AR elements in that you can use a virtual keyboard.

This was introduced at CES 2016. Unknown at this time when it will become available. Would be one to check out.

Posted via the VRHeads App for Android
    EgoAnt likes this.
    01-25-2017 04:30 PM
    Several have been announced, but none of them exist yet.

Samsung's Rink controllers haven't seen the light of day since the 2016 CES tease.

There's Hapto which also isn't available yet.

and then you have the camera-based trackers. Leap Motion mostly works now, and VicoVR is another.
    iThunderbirt likes this.
    01-26-2017 12:42 PM
    Several have been announced, but none of them exist yet.

Samsung's Rink controllers haven't seen the light of day since the 2016 CES tease.

There's Hapto which also isn't available yet.

and then you have the camera-based trackers. Leap Motion mostly works now, and VicoVR is another.
    That Hapto sure is interesting.

Is it me or is there A LOT of "upcoming accessories" for VR? I just seems that when they do come out, the accessories for VR will out number VR HMD offerings lol. But I guess having many options to make VR experiences more enjoyable best to have a lot then none at all. Sure hope to see some come to the market soon.
    01-26-2017 06:13 PM
    Check out this one
    01-27-2017 04:26 AM
    Oh right, Finch Shift! These guys were at CES. Their setup could be a lot of fun as well.
    01-27-2017 09:02 AM
    There was also a company at CES this year who was showcasing room scale VR for mobile devices. Think that this could be an interesting aspect of mobile VR that grows over the coming year, following a similar route to dekstop experiences.
    02-21-2017 10:10 AM
    There's also Nolo VR, which is a Kickstarter project finalizing pledges, etc., in about 17 days. It promises room scale, positional tracking and being able to play Steam VR games via VRidge.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...mobile-and-ste
    02-22-2017 09:52 AM