Can anyone recommend a VR headset for iphone 6 plus that has minimal SDE (screen door effect), if there is such a thing. I know it is a matter of preference and price. I am not looking to spend a ton of money but wouldn't mind spending a few extra bucks to get a better viewing quality. Right now i just use the google cardboard. Thanks.
    10-31-2016 01:12 PM
    First of all, thanks for asking the question. Please create an account so you can follow up.

Screen door is caused by the pixels on the screen that you are using, not the VR lenses or the headset. Unfortunately, you won't be able to change much with Retina displays. Apple will have to add sub-pixels in order to prevent screen door effect. This reason is why Apple has not introduced VR. I can only assume that Apple wants to correct before they offer their own VR solution.
    Cale Hunt likes this.
    10-31-2016 08:20 PM
    Can anyone recommend a VR headset for iphone 6 plus that has minimal SDE (screen door effect), if there is such a thing. I know it is a matter of preference and price. I am not looking to spend a ton of money but wouldn't mind spending a few extra bucks to get a better viewing quality. Right now i just use the google cardboard. Thanks.
    As kris guy stated, the SDE is not cause by the VR headset itself and is caused by the device its being used with. Unfortunately having a device like the iPhone 6 Plus with 401 PPI, it's just not high enough for you to get the best experience. If you look at something like the Galaxy S7, it has 577 ppi, this will greatly improve your experience.

I would suggest waiting for the next iPhone iteration in to 2017 and cross fingers for a higher resolution
    11-02-2016 02:29 AM
    Lenses aren't the cause, but any VR headset that plays nice with Google Cardboard apps will give you the best image. The Cardboard QR code will make sure the image on the display is presented with the right image warping that fits the lenses you are using. That will decrease the amount of SDE you experience, but not eliminate it.
    11-02-2016 09:13 AM
    One trick you can do, is to add diffuser screens to the screen (try some screen protector). Any type of plastic covering that slightly 'diffuses' the pixels. There was one being used by DK2 users... and if it's robust enough you could maybe keep it on your phone 24/7. https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comm...or_effect_fix/
    11-08-2016 02:33 PM