http://www.slashgear.com/vr-headset-hygiene-mask-keeps-things-sanitary-05434880/

These masks don't look the right dimensions to me. Would imagine they would be visible when wearing.

https://vrcover.com/product/htc-vive-pre-vr-cover-waterproof-for-exhibitions-sport/

Seems a pretty solid solution.

Though I hope replacement foam for the Vive will become available if it isn't already.
    Are these aftermarket solutions needed?
    08-13-2016 05:59 AM
    I don't think you need much.

As a diabetic insulin user, I keep alcohol wipes around at all times. Easiest way to keep goggles clean.
    08-13-2016 08:30 AM
    These are a good idea.
    08-13-2016 05:17 PM
    I read that when cleaning the Vive's foam alcohol isn't recommended. Well they also recommend barely touching it with water. On reddit people were saying they just soak it with water and quickly dry it with paper towels. Others use babywipes. Anyhow I like the idea of the cotton cover but maybe the sweat would just soak through. The leather type I think might make you sweat more. All guess work from me. Seems a bit of a grey area really.
    08-14-2016 05:14 AM
    Are you guys just cleaning for your own benefit or are others using your sets?
    08-14-2016 11:58 AM
    If I were to get VR I would like to be able to keep it clean after anyone else uses it.
    08-14-2016 12:44 PM
    vrcover.com has some great options as VTK pointed out. I will probably invest sometime soon. Hard to believe HTC doesn't have foam replacements available, isn't it? When people come over to try the Vive I usually slap on the smaller foam piece. It doesn't really make a huge difference, especially for someone who's never used it before. I keep the bigger one for myself and my glasses.
    08-17-2016 06:27 PM
    They do I found. At Vive | Home under products then accessories
    08-18-2016 04:01 AM
    Recently had to deal with removing foundation from the HTC Vive's foam pads, which made me realise that I needed something a little easier to clean. Just ordered one of those waterproof covers from VR Cover, which is expected to ship at the start of September. Will be interesting to see how it holds up! My only concern is whether it affects how comfortable the Vive feels - might just be a sticky mess with that leather.
    krisguy and VirtuaTyKing like this.
    08-19-2016 04:39 PM
    They do I found. At Vive | Home under products then accessories
    Brilliant. Teach me how to order them too? Just kidding. Thanks man.
    08-22-2016 06:31 PM
    If I had a Vive I would just get the foam replacement's there isn't much in the price between them and vr covers prices. I might just go for the cotton one if it were even cheaper.
    08-23-2016 06:13 AM
    Recently had to deal with removing foundation from the HTC Vive's foam pads, which made me realise that I needed something a little easier to clean. Just ordered one of those waterproof covers from VR Cover, which is expected to ship at the start of September. Will be interesting to see how it holds up! My only concern is whether it affects how comfortable the Vive feels - might just be a sticky mess with that leather.
    I like the idea of waterproof, especially since I tend to sweat at the drop of a hat.

Posted via the VRHeads App for Android
    Matt Brown likes this.
    08-23-2016 09:43 AM