Since the quantity of VR experiences is so limited, I am really planning on using Vorpx extensively.
    Now, is it convincing? Are all pc games supported by it?
    And will it be better on the Rift or the Vive?
    01-01-2017 11:20 PM
    I don't have any experience directly with it but in my research into buying it you need to be willing to do a lot of work still on your end. It works but it's not like you just run it and games suddenly just work. You need to tweak FOV, edit .ini configs etc. And you need to do this in each games. If you want to play those games online in MP you have a bigger issue as whether or not the anti-cheating services will find those tweaks to be hacks and block you from playing the game.

That said those who did the work and effort to get it to work the results have left them decently impressed. Maybe not quite as well as a native experience but close enough.
    01-02-2017 10:04 AM
    Since the quantity of VR experiences is so limited, I am really planning on using Vorpx extensively.
    Now, is it convincing? Are all pc games supported by it?
    And will it be better on the Rift or the Vive?
    This should get you started with VorpX: VorpX is amazing for playing non-VR games in VR | VRHeads

It basically works the same with Rift and Vive. Here's a list of supported games: Supported Games - vorpX - VR 3D-Driver for Oculus Rift

If you have a non-VR game you absolutely love, VorpX will probably be worth it. Hard to say for sure, though.
    01-03-2017 04:31 PM