Any issues with the rift if I replace the card?

Can I just plug in?

Will it be detected ok?

Thanks
    04-08-2017 06:59 AM
    Thanks for the question.

Since the card is so new and i don't have one to test for you, I cant say for sure if everything will work perfectly but the 1080 ti DEFINITELY has enough power to run the Rift. The Rift may require a small software update to 'register' the new 1080 ti for it's supported GPUs. I have heard some people saying they got a message saying "PC doesn't meet the minimum system requirements" but it should be as simple as insert, restart and play Just be on the look out for an update up you get that message.
    04-08-2017 09:41 AM
    Any issues with the rift if I replace the card?

Can I just plug in?

Will it be detected ok?

Thanks
    OK, first welcome to the forum, I invite you to register in order to follow this and any question you may have now or in the future, also to share your experiences with the Rift.

Regarding to your question, the answer is YES, even the OS and the drivers will automatically update, but I highly recommend you to download the latest NVIDIA Drivers and keep it ready to install it just after the change of the Graphic card.

The Rift won't have any problem, in fact the GTX 1080 Ti was made with VR as one of the checking points to achieve with it development.
    04-08-2017 07:15 PM