Does the Vive have any additional plans to support additional accessories? Something that will better track movement when playing games. ie. Ankle tracking, elbow tracking, knee tracking?
    07-18-2016 09:25 AM
    Good question!

So right now there are a whole bunch of haptics and other add-on technologies that people are trying to sell for VR games. The hard part is adoption - SteamVR has something called OpenVR and it tries to play nice with another open source VR software package called OSVR. Those try to make it easier for developers to write "once" for a VR headset, and use it on multiples (although, in practice, that doesn't quite work properly yet).

So the real hard part is convincing the developers that if they spend x amount of time adding support for y type of device, that they will get a good return on their time. In my case, if I get the technology sent to me, and it is cool to play with, I add it into our games. But we are the very rare exception.

Lloyd Summers | Cofounder of RedIronLabs.com | Immersive Dark Video games (VR/Horror) | @kerm_ed
    pkcable likes this.
    07-18-2016 07:42 PM
    I've seen some additional accessories coming out for Gear vr which can improve the experience, I assume 3rd party companies will jump on the opportunity to create accessories for the vive too.
    07-18-2016 08:54 PM