I was thinking about an AR experience where you could super-impose dollars rather than pokemon. Just like finding a pokemon you could find and collect real dollars. The real dollars would be instantly available to users that collected them. We are exploring a AR experience like that and have the entire backend built out for another purpose but have not built out the AR experience just yet. Wanted to find out if there is a VR/AR platform that we could work with to flush this out.

12-12-2016 01:21 PM
    Hello! So I have been working on AR projects for a bit now and I can say that working with real money presents a couple of challenges... First, reproducing real money in an app can be illegal in some places. For example the Bank of England holds the copyright to images of bank notes, so it would be illegal to show them in your app.

Okay, so with that being said, I like to use Vuforia for AR in my apps. It costs about $500 US per app to licence, but takes a lot of the hassle out of image recognition and placing objects. For something like Pokemon Go, though, you don't even really need a true AR platform, you can use a combination of the GPS and the accelerometer to fake it.
    krisguy likes this.
    12-12-2016 03:22 PM
    I haven't heard of any like this yet. As EgoAnt pointed out one needs to be careful about any digital scans of money depending on the country. I would recommend just making up your own currency model for the software program.
    krisguy likes this.
    12-12-2016 07:59 PM
    I think that it is exactly the game the Facebook plays right now-using VR to collect money
    01-01-2017 11:33 PM