1. Angelo Joseph Vargas Vibal IV's Avatar
    Is the S8's DAC good?
    04-10-2017 02:54 AM
    I guess it is the standard one that comes with the SOC.. So it is probably OK. But so far, I have not seen anyone, including Samsung highlight the audio quality of this phone. Suspect it will be fine for most users; but lacking some for true audiophiles. It does not seem to have a separate, higher quality DAC than the one that comes with the 835 package.
    04-10-2017 07:28 AM
    Is the S8's DAC good?
    As with all Samsung flagship devices, i expect it to be good, but not cutting edge. I don't think anyone will have any problems with it. As @cactuspete23 said. Samsung never highlighted their audio quality this time around. It was mostly about the screen and new bezeless design. They were also quite on the camera. Companies like LG made a big effort to promote their DAC to the user base
    04-10-2017 08:39 AM
    Perhaps more important, will there be a noticeable difference in audio quality between the Snapdragon and Exynos variants of the phone. This is something we've seen happen in the past, and with the 835 is somewhat more likely to repeat itself.

We won't know for sure until someone has both variants together!
    04-11-2017 07:29 AM
    Would be nice to see a Samsung with Great Audio !
    04-11-2017 07:49 AM
    While it would be nice to see a Samsung phone with great audio, I wouldn't realize the benefits ... I pretty much always use headphones. And I'm hearing-impaired to begin with, so I literally can't hear all the frequencies and depth of sound that you all can. I hear plenty and don't feel like I'm missing out, but I got a high tech bone conduction aid four years ago and it's funny to listen to a song and go, "Was that annoying high pitched sound always there?"

It gave me some of those higher pitches back, but still not all of them, so to my wife, it's a pleasing high pitched sound, lol.
    04-11-2017 05:04 PM
    Sorry to hear about your hearing loss... They say that a lot of people growing up with MP3 Players and phones, blasting music at high volumes may end up with early hearing loss as they get older.. We'll see.. BUt for sure, it's easy to crank up the volume, especially in a noisy area...

With your hearing loss, The kind of DAC and even Amp may not make much difference. But it's amazing how we can adapt to things..
    04-12-2017 07:26 AM
    Sorry to hear about your hearing loss... They say that a lot of people growing up with MP3 Players and phones, blasting music at high volumes may end up with early hearing loss as they get older.. We'll see.. BUt for sure, it's easy to crank up the volume, especially in a noisy area...

With your hearing loss, The kind of DAC and even Amp may not make much difference. But it's amazing how we can adapt to things..
    That can result in hearing loss, yes, but mine is from birth, lol. That said, I've thought before that VR, as cool as it is, underserves the Deaf community: in things like Altspace, there's no way (AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK) $for$ $deaf$ $people$ $to$ &$quot$;$hear$&$quot$; $other$ $people$. $Not$ $sure$ $what$ $a$ $good$ $solution$ $would$ $be$.
    04-13-2017 04:15 PM