Hi,
    I am leaning towards getting the rift for a multiple reasons, one of them being the screen door effect-which I've heard is not that noticeable on the Rift ("you have to look for it", I remember one reviewer claiming).
    On the other hand, the SDE on the Vive seems to be worse. I've also seen a video on youtube from inside the lenses, and it is indeed much worse.

Now, as I cannot judge without actually trying the headsets, and I cannot possibly test them-
    Can someone who has tried both tell me his impressions?
    I know that everyone talks about the room scale on the Vive, but the fidelity of the Rift, which seems to be superior (and also the unofficial room scaling support)-makes me lean towards the Rift.

Please let me know your impressions. It would really help in this really hard decision..!

Many thanks
    12-31-2016 03:37 AM
    So I just went through my whole what the heck system do I buy into so I know how you are feeling. Now I am fortunate enough to be able to try both systems. Now, Oculus to my first impressions seemed clearer visually then my Vive impressions. It wasn't terrible but it was noticeable mostly it lies in the SDE that you notice a little more in the Vive. But it didn't terribly detract from the Vive experience because the roomscale and the wands were a lot more immersive. In my time of looking the Touch came out and so that brought parity to the Rift more or less.

I did find the Rift lighter and more comfortable then the Vive (But I didn't fuss too much with the adjustments so ymmv) but with my glasses the Vive is certainly more comfortable.

So what did I choose? Well I went the Oculus because as much as I liked the Vive because it is a little clearer and a little more portable because me and my wife want to share it between our own PC's so I have to be able to move it from room to room and the Vive lighthouse sensors were more for extra sensors if I went that route and a little harder to move around if I wanted to do that.

But both are very good systems. You can't go wrong either way.
    krisguy and Talkivr like this.
    12-31-2016 09:03 AM
    Neither is a bad choice, If you main concern is visual clarity or afraid of SDE then I think Oculus wins. The SDE is less noticable in rift mostly from what i've seen.
    12-31-2016 11:46 AM
    The only things that makes me scared buying the Rift at the moment (which really attracts me at the moment, since I love visual clarity, maybe more than anything else. And yes, I know that the resolution on both is terrible..!)
    Is that people have reported that the tracking on it is not "spot on", whilst the Vive tracks very accurately.
    01-01-2017 09:06 PM
    The only things that makes me scared buying the Rift at the moment (which really attracts me at the moment, since I love visual clarity, maybe more than anything else. And yes, I know that the resolution on both is terrible..!)
    Is that people have reported that the tracking on it is not "spot on", whilst the Vive tracks very accurately.
    I haven't had any issues with tracking at all.
    01-01-2017 10:16 PM
    Good to know. But didn't the Vive tracking feel a little more solid though?
    01-01-2017 11:27 PM