Do both parties in online games need the same game disc in their respective machines or does only one party need the actual disc? Sorry I am a complete beginner to this so am woefully ignorant.
    11-23-2016 09:45 AM
    My GUESS would be that it would depend on the game. Some games might have some sort of copy protection/authentication that requires both to have disks (that is have paid for the game), OR the game may have large amounts of data that require a disk to facilitate game play. HOWEVER, I would imagine the PS4 (and 4 Plus) have built in storage sufficient to make this less of an issue, additionally some games may have subscription models that don't involve paying for the game upfront. World of Warcraft would be an example of this type game, it just requires a monthly fee. (YES I know its not a PS4/PS4 VR game!, just giving an example of what I mean)
    iThunderbirt and Chemy JMHT like this.
    11-23-2016 12:46 PM
    Do both parties in online games need the same game disc in their respective machines or does only one party need the actual disc? Sorry I am a complete beginner to this so am woefully ignorant.
    Welcome among the forms! Hope you join us in more conversations in the future!

You mentioned game disc which leads to believe it might be you preferred way of purchasing a game which is totally fine. If say your game disc is Battlefield 1, your friend(s) will need to either get their own game disc or purchase the full game through the PlayStation Store and it will be downloaded to the PS4's hard drive then you will be able to game together.

Good information by pkcable as well.
    pkcable and Chemy JMHT like this.
    11-23-2016 05:28 PM