I'm thinking about getting ready to begin considering purchasing a VR Headset for my HTPC! My GPU (MSI GTX1070 Aero 8G OC) only has one HDMI Port, which makes me wonder how I will send full AV to my TV and Headset simultaneously. I do own a powered HDMI Splitter, but in the past I've experienced asynchronous Audio and Video, and it also only supports 1080p (3D) Max. Also I believe my TV only has HDMI for digital input (I haven't been back there in a while). Do any headsets come with an HDMI passthrough, or something of the sort? Are there any other solutions you can think of? I'd like to make VR a group activity!

Thanks!
    04-21-2017 09:02 AM
    Welcome to VRHeads! I'm asking around trying to get you some help here. Please consider joining the site. Here's how....
    [Guide] How to sign up to be a Member at VRHeads.com - VRHeads Forum
    04-21-2017 09:53 AM
    I appreciate the help! It turns out I forgot that I already have an account. I also think I was able to come up with a solution. I've never used DisplayPort before, but it seems to support both audio and video. My plan is to use a DP to HDMI Cable for the TV, and use the HDMI port for VR. Do you see any potential issues with this configuration?

Also I'm not sure how to take ownership of this thread, not that I really need to...

Thanks again!
    04-21-2017 10:53 AM
    My friend @krisguy is going to come help when he is free. He has experience with this. He mentioned a DisplayPort so you ARE on the right track.
    04-21-2017 02:07 PM
    What I had to do is adapt DisplayPort for my TV to HDMI, then plug my Vive into the true HDMI port. Vive is supposed to be able to use both, but I've only gotten it to work in the HDMI port on my GPU.

I found an adapter from DisplayPort to female HDMI for 12 bucks on AMZN.
    pkcable and iThunderbirt like this.
    04-21-2017 02:08 PM
    Great, that's what I'll do then! Thank you both, I really appreciate the help.
    pkcable and iThunderbirt like this.
    04-21-2017 02:23 PM