I'm very frustrated. I just got my Insta360 Nano camera today. I'm very excited to use it for an upcoming overseas trip (I'm leaving this coming weekend). The instructions for the Insta360 Nano are the worst I've ever seen for any product. The online FAQ/Support page is equally awful and confusing, and was obviously written by a non-English speaker. The Quickstart Guide that comes with the product tells you next to nothing. I would appreciate if someone would please answer my questions, since there seems to be no decent online support for the product.

1. What sort of micro SD card should I buy for it? The Quickstart Guide recommends a Samsung EVO/EVO Plus 32 GB, but online the Insta360 FAQ says: "Nano supports Class10/U1 64G Micro SD card (TF card) maximumly." I don't want to buy the wrong thing. Which SD card should I buy for this???? I really need some guidance!

2. Is the SD card 100% necessary for using this with my iPhone 6S? Will it not work properly if I don't have the SD card in it?

3. What apps do I need to download to use this camera correctly? I see all of these Insta360 apps in the app store, but no explanation about why I would need them or how to use them.

4. I'm trying to look at the sample images with the VR viewer (the box that comes with the product). The Quickstart Guide says "Set the app to VR mode." I can't find this setting anywhere in the app. Or is it in some OTHER app I need to download?

5. How long does the camera need to stay plugged in to get a full charge? Strangely, I can't find this information anywhere.

6. Is there a good place to get help and ideas for this camera? Would that be this forum or someplace else?

Thank you!
    08-15-2017 01:03 AM
    Welcome to VRHeads! Please join the site. Here's how....
    http://forums.vrheads.com/ask-questi...eads-com-8087/

I'll try my best to answer what I can, PLUS I put out a call to others for more advanced help looking for someone who might actually own the device.

1. You do NOT need to buy the brand they recommend, just make sure you get a card that meets or exceeds the specs they require. Your local electronics or camera store will know.

2. Without the SD card then you can only use the Insta360 while it is attached to your phone and it will save directly to your phone. AND the videos will probably be VERY large. Get a card!

3. I don't know, hopefully a user will be able to answer this.

4. You need a cardboard app. Get Google Cardboard and Cardboard Camera

5. No clue

6. Here and also the 360 Camera sub forum at Android Central here
    08-15-2017 09:26 AM