can i just unplug the headset from the computer and wall?
    can i just unplug the base stations when I am done?
    05-07-2017 10:14 PM
    Hi, welcome to the forum, I invite you to register to follow up this and any other question you may have, also to share here with a bunch of VR/AR fans.

Regarding to your Question, the HTC ViVE and the Oculus Rift are both designed to be plugged all the time and enter in stand by mode once you take it off your head, there is not necessary to turn it off in any way, but if you unplug it once you are not wearing it there should be nothing to worry about, being in stand by most of the circuits will be protected, but if you want to really be sure nothing will happens, you can turn off your computer and then unplug it and it's the safest way to do it.

The last one is a pain if you are doing some other stuff, but remember that the device should handles being plugged several hours a day, so you just only need to wait until you can unplug it and that's it.
    05-08-2017 10:21 PM
    If you do want to unplug the cubes so that you are not constantly driving the motors, remember that you will have to reboot your PC to get SteamVR and the BT module to see them correctly after a powercycle.
    Chemy JMHT likes this.
    05-09-2017 10:03 AM