hello ! i search a way to split the screen in a good angle to play static games like racing game or flight simulator something like that...

there is an App nativ SBS wich doesnt work and would it work i have the problem that the view cant hook up with the gyro or any sensor idk how is callibrated...

i own a gear vr and s8+ (rooted) and want to play in that mod !
    are they some news about that like devs working on something like that ?

would be really a evoltion playn like that !

thanks for reading
    greets

Softice
    05-31-2017 06:51 PM
  2. Firegold21 said: Best Answer

I think what you're asking is how can you play non-VR games in VR? If so, the app you mentioned (Native SBS for Android) looks like it should work, but if it's not working, I would check out Trinus VR or VRidge (Riftcat). Both of those will allow you to play games on your desktop computer as though they were VR games on your phone.

One thing to keep in mind when trying apps like the Native SBS one: you might also need to download the Cardboard Enabler app and disable the Gear VR service until you're done with the Cardboard-style app. If you don't, your phone will go into Gear VR mode right away when you put it in the Gear VR.

And then the Cardboard app won't work.

That out of the way, there are some racing and flight games available within the Oculus Store for Gear VR, as well as some Cardboard ones on the Play Store. Maybe trying one of those would be better than using a workaround to make a non-VR app work in VR? When using the workarounds, you take a performance hit and it won't run as smoothly.
    Welcome to VRHeads!. Please join the site. Here's how....
    http://forums.vrheads.com/ask-questi...eads-com-8087/

I'm trying to get yours answer.
    06-02-2017 09:21 AM
    I think what you're asking is how can you play non-VR games in VR? If so, the app you mentioned (Native SBS for Android) looks like it should work, but if it's not working, I would check out Trinus VR or VRidge (Riftcat). Both of those will allow you to play games on your desktop computer as though they were VR games on your phone.

One thing to keep in mind when trying apps like the Native SBS one: you might also need to download the Cardboard Enabler app and disable the Gear VR service until you're done with the Cardboard-style app. If you don't, your phone will go into Gear VR mode right away when you put it in the Gear VR.

And then the Cardboard app won't work.

That out of the way, there are some racing and flight games available within the Oculus Store for Gear VR, as well as some Cardboard ones on the Play Store. Maybe trying one of those would be better than using a workaround to make a non-VR app work in VR? When using the workarounds, you take a performance hit and it won't run as smoothly.
    06-02-2017 10:14 AM
    There is also Samsung Phonecast that Samsung recently made available for S8 phones only. It supports a limited set of Android apps but the experience is probably fairly polished. The link might not work if you don't have an S8 or something but it's there.
    pkcable likes this.
    06-03-2017 02:22 AM
    I already sign up now... i did the question.. ye i own a s8+ and the gear vr i buyd those cardboard application and it works @firegold trinus is not an option for me i try it and i get some issues with refresh rate and other bugs that makes the games unplayable still to figure all stuf out would take days.. and my problem would not be solved cuse i want play non vr android apps in vr i already have root on my s8 and searching for a sultution to get it ..ahh and i buyd overflight and karts there awsome but the simulator level on infinite flight for mobile isnt reched
    if the app screen just would be splittet and i could hook up a touch move or mouse move with the sensors ;( really this makes me angry cuse it doesnt works -.-* greets
    06-03-2017 04:13 AM