Best Answer

More Answers

Oct 20 2016 | 9:24 am EDT Adramyttium

I don't necessarily think it is age-related. Lots of folks experience motion sickness when using VR equipment. When I encounter it, I just have to stop using it for awhile.
Oct 20 2016 | 10:55 am EDT VitaminA

While age may be a factor, it seems more that some people can handle it and others can't. I'm in my early 30's and I can only use VR for short periods of time, if there's a lot of motion involved. I also can get pretty motion sick in cars and on roller coasters, so I'm just one of those people who has to be careful. Some of my teenage cousins also got woozy while using my VR. That link for the tips is a good call, though.
Oct 20 2016 | 1:53 pm EDT Chemy JMHT

I don't really know why it happens sometimes and others times it simply doesn't show up, in my short experience even watching 360 pictures I can get a little nausea, but sometimes I play really heavy games or maybe the roller coaster and I'm ok.

But I read the tips from VRHeads and I think I will pay more attention to all the factors.
Oct 20 2016 | 4:05 pm EDT pkcable

While age may be a factor, it seems more that some people can handle it and others can't. I'm in my early 30's and I can only use VR for short periods of time, if there's a lot of motion involved. I also can get pretty motion sick in cars and on roller coasters, so I'm just one of those people who has to be careful. Some of my teenage cousins also got woozy while using my VR. That link for the tips is a good call, though.
The reason I suggested age was my experience with roller coasters which I used to LOVE! When I was in my teen and in to my 20ies I used to get season passes to Six Flags, plus went to many other theme parks JUST to ride roller coasters, but NOW I can barely stomach them!
Oct 21 2016 | 2:03 pm EDT VitaminA

I'm with ya on this! I still love roller coasters, but man, can I not ride them like I used to! Sadly, that does translate over to VR. I even find myself getting a little woozy if I play certain non-VR video games. Not a fun problem to have!
Oct 21 2016 | 8:45 pm EDT Forbes2

Practice.

Stop before you get nauseous.

If you let yourself get sick, your body will remember.

Just keep trying, and stop before you get sick, you will build up a tolerance
Oct 29 2016 | 11:43 pm EDT curtzxion

i think it is like motion sickness, more u experience it, more tolerance u build
Nov 19 2016 | 11:31 am EST AxlMyk

Just throw up and get it over with.