I work night shift and often watch movies (slow job) while working, is the Gear VR good enough for watching movies?
    08-29-2016 01:35 PM
    Probably yes, I'm speaking as a Daydream View owner, BUT GearVR is very similar. The way it works with movies, is you see them as if you were actually AT the movies or at a home theater (with HUGE TV), with great seats and no tall people in front of you! lol One word of caution prolonged use of the headset WILL heat up your phone so you might need to take cool down breaks. Hey you got to go make popcorn and take a bathroom break right? But yes it's a great way to view movies!
    Probably yes, I'm speaking as a Daydream View owner, BUT GearVR is very similar. The way it works with movies, is you see them as if you were actually AT the movies or at a home theater (with HUGE TV), with great seats and no tall people in front of you! lol One word of caution prolonged use of the headset WILL heat up your phone so you might need to take cool down breaks. Hey you got to go make popcorn and take a bathroom break right? But yes it's a great way to view movies!
    12-19-2016 08:25 AM
    It honestly depends on the content. Lots of white makes the grid show up more, but darker shows and movies are great!

Posted via the VRHeads App for Android
    pkcable likes this.
    12-20-2016 05:13 PM
    I watched most of a season of Mr. Robot in Gear VR. Then again it is a dark show so it didn't show as much of a screen door effect. The overall experience is worth it I think.
    pkcable likes this.
    12-20-2016 09:45 PM