Hi all,

I have the Galaxy S8/Gear, and use the Oculus video app. I just cant seem to get videos to focus or get rid of double-vision, and spend the entire video tweaking the focus tab on top. The best quality I can get using my VR is when I click to bring up the video controls which takes the focus off any part of the video. It may be the 3D effects that are ruining it. Is there anyway to turn off focusing in general? I know its reaching here, just hoping someone else some advice. I do not have a screen protector on and have cleaned the screens properly.

Anything you can recommend would be much appreciated, thanks!
    08-09-2017 06:29 PM
    Hi welcome to the forum.

I can only ask if you adjusted the GearVR in the bottom of it for the Eye to Eye separation, so far I don't know about any other kind of adjustment with it, but I'm sure some of the real users here will be able to give you a better way to solve that.
    pkcable likes this.
    08-10-2017 08:23 PM
    I was thinking about this for a while and I think I might have a partial answer. Are you using the 2016 Gear VR headset? If so, I've read that the S8 and S8+ don't fit precisely unless you have the USB C adapter from the 2017 version. And this slightly off fit results in vision issues.

I'm finally going to check out how the S8 works on my 2016 model now that I've got a USB C adapter for it (I'd lost my original, since I had a Note 5 with it before). I'll see if I run into similar issues.

The only other thing I can suggest is your eyes might be too wide or narrow for the Gear VR and thus outside of the IPD (interpupillary distance). I'm not sure what you can do about that, as there is no adjustment wheel for that.
    08-10-2017 08:33 PM